kopp gyro

They do not seem to have a lot of fans on the forum. I have attended Bensen Days for the last few years and have never seen one fly although the company has had machines at all of them.

And this is still listed on the PRA website? They are great looking machines, wonder if anyones really flying one.

And this is still listed on the PRA website? They are great looking machines, wonder if anyones really flying one.

Billygyro from Tenn. Has a highly modified one. He is going to have it at BensenDays I believe

Billygyro from Tenn. Has a highly modified one. He is going to have it at BensenDays I believe

After reading that thread of his, I wouldn't even call it a "modified" machine.
He could have saved some time and money and just built from scratch.

I could have saved some time and money but I am glad it worked out like it did !
LOOK FOR YOURSELF> thanks and yes can be seen at Bensen Days.

Last edited:
Beautiful gyro Billy, you can be proud that you made one of these fly.

Billy,

Nice work, it is stunning. I followed your build and you exceeded my expectations.

To answer Herman, “rotorhead6”, question, would you recommend a Kopp Gyro?

Dennis,
Nice find, I always wondered what happened to Last Church and glad to see he never flew. Buying his KOPPter probably added some time to his life.

question: what it is , the metal bottle ?

I have 2 fuel tanks, they are 6 us gal. each. one on each side for a total of 12 gal. located right under the C/G for a balance in fuel burn.

Billy,

Nice work, it is stunning. I followed your build and you exceeded my expectations.

To answer Herman, “rotorhead6”, question, would you recommend a Kopp Gyro?

Dennis,
Nice find, I always wondered what happened to Last Church and glad to see he never flew. Buying his KOPPter probably added some time to his life.

Guy's the only way I would recommend a Kopp Gyro is to plan ahead and do a complet rebuild even if it is brand new right from start.

Billy's done an excellent job but he's had to re-engineer a lot. If someone has to do a total rebuild just build a different, better designed gyro to start with. I've seen one of Kopp's hangar Queens that never flew. Money down the drain.

It's such a shame that someone can uses beauty to sell such a dysfunctional machine. It's like the cheese in a mouse trap.