Kolibri's Korner -- a "blog" by a new RAF owner

If the shoe fits wear it big man.I think you had better" take your blinders off" (that's something you said to vance) look around

and smell the crap you have been spewing out,

Looks to me like you can dish it out but cant take.

Anyway I am to damn old to fight with you,but I can and will defend myself

And I have enjoyed pulling your chain its so easy to do.

Kolibri;n1138553 said:

Unless you are calling me a liar, and if so, then you and I will have a squaring off.

Looks to me like Kolibri needs a time out.

In my opinion threatening people on the Rotary Wing Forum is the last refuge for the intellectually bankrupt and not allowed here.

This is not kindergarten.

Howdy all, I've been traveling extensively and meanwhile enjoyed an internet sabbatical.

For some people here, there is apparently no such thing as a pilot's honor.
If eddie claims that his turbo RAF makes 230hp, I will generically accept that.

eddie, however, alleged that "
All you did was replace about 2' of steel exhaust pipe,you used the stock Subaru headers
and replaced the muffler with another stock OEM one,there was no weight savings as you claim
".

When my photo showed that I indeed had a custom muffler and not a stock OEM, eddie should have either dropper the matter, or manfully apologized.
Instead, he doubled down and implied that I was lying about the weight savings. That went too far.
It's one thing to be called some subjective insult, but to be called a liar is an objective label and on another level of honor.

Looks to me like Kolibri needs a time out.
In my opinion threatening people on the Rotary Wing Forum is the last refuge for the intellectually bankrupt and not allowed here.
Looks to me like Vance needs a dictionary.

"Unless you are calling me a liar, and if so, then you and I will have a squaring off." was not a threat.
To "square off" is an invitation for mutually agreed combat to settle a matter of honor. A duel by fisticuffs.
It is not a threat of aggression, and the invited party is free to decline.

If Vance disdains Kindergarten-like behavior, then he should admonish his childishly sneering pal.

You fly an Ercoupe with linked rudder/yoke.

I am a rated gyro pilot, and own a gyro which I have extensively modified myself and flown for hundreds of hours.
I continue to own two 1000cc motorcycles, regardless of any woman's opinion.
I own a FW in which I can land in any crosswind that my airplane has sufficient rudder for.

You and I are in very different leagues.

Regards, Kolibri

If you still want to meet just let me know,I prefer pistols as I stated earlier that I am to damn old to fight.

Actually you can land a Ercoupe in a strong crosswind,I know because I have owned an Ercoupe

Last edited:
Kolibri;n1138717 said:

HighAltitude, you're neither a gyro pilot nor owner.
According to you, your wife
"wont let" you own a motorcycle.
You fly an Ercoupe with linked rudder/yoke.

I am a rated gyro pilot, and own a gyro which I have extensively modified myself and flown for hundreds of hours.
I continue to own two 1000cc motorcycles, regardless of any woman's opinion.
I own a FW in which I can land in any crosswind that my airplane has sufficient rudder for.

You and I are in very different leagues.

Regards, Kolibri

Typical of your snarky assumptions based on insufficient information.

Tim has extensive and broad based aviation experience including back country in a Citabria and understands what it means to be pilot in command.

I have flown for a day with Tim in The Predator and in my opinion I only need to see him do all the required maneuvers before signing him off for his proficiency check ride. He flew to Sport Pilot practical test standards. His performance in gusty conditions was exceptional.

Tim graduated from Cal Polly with an engineering degree.

Tim is trying to learn as much as practical before he makes a gyroplane purchase decision so he does not have buyer's remorse.

Tim asks intelligent questions and asks more questions when the answer conflicts with his understanding.

You could learn a lot from Tim if you opened your mind.

Has anyone seen or heard of the Beefy and Robust M-2 sportcoptor flying ,kolibri said it would be flying by

the end of july,thiis is the end of sept and still no word about it.

kolibri said he is not a liar so it must have flown in july and they are keeping the results under wraps,perhaps it had some issues that

he isn't going to share.

He also said that the aussies were clamoring for the M2,I have yet to see an aussie post anything about wanting the M2.

But I am probably wrong with these assumptions If I am he probably will want to square off with me and we haven't settled the

first squaring off issue.

Thanks Vance for the comments. I am a low time pilot but that's OK. I don't make wild claims nor do I hide my true experience unlike someone who won't even reveal his occupation. I try to stay in my envelope and ask many questions here.

Poor Kolibri. Vance left out that I also have time in Idaho back country flying in a Kitfox tail wheel plane. I choose to own a Ercoupe for pure fun and a Kitfox for the challenges. Am I horrible because I owned two planes at the same time? I built three planes and my MTO Sport will be my fourth. I love to build things. For the record, I sold my kitfox recently and ordered a gyro. But of course Kolibri knows that. My wife and I are partners so I do listen to her advice, especially since she is a nurse and deals with motorcycle carnage regularly. The difference between you and me is obvious. I don't tell you that motorcycles are dangerous. Its your business. You, on the other hand, insult everyone on this forum, everyone.

I look forward to meeting everyone else on this forum in person eventually.

Has anyone seen or heard of the Beefy and Robust M-2 sportcoptor flying
eddie, you've set yourself up for looking like an ass about this.

First of all, I never said that it would be flying in July, but in August, which was accurate info at the time.

However, Jim Vanek posted many weeks ago that he's been recovering from a health issue since Oshkosh
(where it was unfortunately misdiagnosed, and also back home, thus greatly and needlessly prolonging it).

This has temporarily delayed the M2 prototype testing, but the project is indeed moving forward meanwhile.
Jim is concurrently using this time to refine it even further, so it'll be even better than expected.
Will flight testing this year be soon enough for you?

The Aussie customers are busy ranchers, who buy Sport Copters as aerial workhorses of their trade. They don't generally have time to post on forums.
I hear that they are very excited about their M2 coming to fruition. Just as nothing can compete with the Vortex M912, the M2 will own the "off-road" 2-place gyro market.

Your "interest" is obviously suspect, since you've posted that you can't afford even an AR-1 which is some $20k less in base price.
Thus, I don't see how I or SC has somehow inconvenienced you.
____
As far as meeting up with a pistol, you wouldn't want to do that, either.
I've been a defensive handgun instructor for about 23 years, and have been daily carrying for longer than that.

It's probably preferable that a 74 year old man finally begins to post with septuagenarian maturity.

she is a nurse and deals with motorcycle carnage regularly.
Then say that, instead of "my wife won't let me buy a motorcycle" as you did, which sounded PWed.

You, on the other hand, insult everyone on this forum, everyone.
Uh, you're one to talk. You first began to insult me, and in a public message on my profile.
And, I actually attempted to be gracious with you at one point, and opined that you'd probably do well in gyros.
So, please spare me your false sanctimony just days after your sophomoric insult of post #160.

Regards, Kolibri

Last edited:
Please don't tell me what I would or would not like to do,its up to you to decide

if you want to square off with me,you started this, let me know.And yes pistols are just fine.

eddie, the terms of squaring off are for the aggrieved party to choose. Regarding a pistol duel, I won't assist your suicide.
If you are explicitly and publicly calling me a liar, then a good old-fashioned boxing match would be appropriate.
However, if you are
"too damn old to fight" then you are too damn old to run your mouth as you have.

Last edited:
Kolibri;n1138794 said:
eddie, the terms of squaring off are for the aggrieved party to choose. Regarding a pistol duel, I won't assist your suicide.
If you are explicitly and publicly calling me a liar, then a good old-fashioned boxing match would be appropriate.
However, if you are
"too damn old to fight" then you are too damn old to run your mouth as you have.

You let your Battleship mouth overload your rowboat ass,so if this is your way of backing off by insulting me so be it,

perhaps you are the one that should be careful in the future about running your mouth off as you have.

You know where I live come on down and try to shut my mouth anytime

Oh by the way whats your address?

Wow, either increase or reduce your medication.

I've put up with your
"your an idiot" etc., but won't be called -- without a challenge -- a liar (which you flirted with doing, but haven't explicitly done).

And, btw, this bad energy was something you started by trying to call B.S. that I'd even installed a custom exhaust system.
When I proved that I had, you should have accepted that and moved on, but you had to ramp it up over the question of weight savings.

You want my address? Why? So you can drop in with a gun, and get shot?
Stop acting like a punk.

Post your address and lets just see,.
I will stop acting like a punk,if you will stop acting like a coward.

You refused any idea of squaring off because you called yourself "too damn old to fight".

Just be clear, what do you propose to do if you had my address?

Post it on this forum as you should have done when you joined.

But its a mute point as you have no intention of doing that,and even if you did it probably would be phony.

Home street addresses are to be public forum information?
Uh, yeah, sure.

Well, I've had enough lunacy for today.

Well, I've had enough lunacy for today. [/COLOR]
[/QUOTE]

Well Kolibri now you know how we feel after reading your posts,complete lunacy,

Its frustrating isn't it ?

A "mute" point . . .

It may be a mute point to you,but not to the rest of the forum members who are really put off by your complete lunacy.