Kit purchase suggestions & info.

aaronmx

Hey guys, I'm discussing a kit purchase with the owner. A contents inspection will of course be required. Aside from the obvious rust, corrosion, etc., is there anything Helicycle specific I should be looking for? Eg, I have 0 experience with turbine engines.

Can anyone direct me to an inventory list so I can confirm all parts are included?

What sizer trailer will I need to transport the crates?

Can anyone provide the "options" offered by Eagle? I'll surely want some of them and I'd like to know what I'll be spending.

Thanks in advance!, Aaron

TomSwatloski

Green06
Aircraft
Building Helicycle kit 4-05 N651SP
Total Flight Time
Kit Purchase

Kit Purchase

I saw your unanswered post, and I assume you are looking at a Helicycle kit. If so each shipment has its own inventory list that is per-mailed or actually comes with the group. The kit owner should be able to provide you the inventory list.

In my experience Eagle R & D is very good at getting all the parts to you with the group deliveries. If the group is short something, they let you know in writing and give you an expected delivery date. I have 'lost' a few parts in my build and had to have Eagle send me replacements. All of the 'lost' parts were eventually found when I dug thru bags where I thought the part should not be. Organization would have saved me many hours looking for parts!

Hope this helps,

Tom Swat
Kit 4-05

johnrk

Aircraft
FW guy trying like ? to get into rotorcraft!
Total Flight Time
300+ (ASEL)
Eagle R & D's site appears to be down - not sure of their status...

Last edited:

timdrnec

Tim 4-21
Aircraft
300C, Helicycle
I spoke to Blake at the factory just before Christmas... All was normal, working on delivering 6th and 7th round parts... Not sure about the webpage, but the factory was up and running.

aaronmx

Thanks guys for your help and specifically, Tim. I just purchased (mutual verbal commitment) a kit 5 and should take delivery within the next 2 weeks. Excited to join the ranks.