Ken Brock KB2

jvan777

Hi: I recently saw a KB2 gyrocopter for sale on craigslist, Ohio. It is said to Have very low hours. it has a Ken Brock seat tank 22 ft Ken Brock rotor, wunderlich prerotator and, a 24inch hub bar. Could Anyone tell me How much this gyro is worth. It appears to be in excellent shape. however, it has no motor. It was set up for a V.W. Any info would be appreciated. Thank's : Justin.

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
A member of PRA Chapter 31 just bought a KB3 with everything he needs including a low time 582 engine and many extra parts including a brand new tall tail still in the box, landing lights in the box, strobe lights in the box, several gauges in the box for $6,500.00. We just had to put it together.

You can use this for comparison I'm not sure. Do not think I would pay more than $1,000 to $1,500 but others should know better than I do what they go for.

Last edited:

jvan777

Thank's John. This guy was asking 2,900 which I thought to be a little high. I have KB2 plans and, I have thought about building them and adding a drop keel mod. That may be My best option. I just didn't Know how hard the rotor head and blades would be to come by?

PW_Plack

This guy was asking 2,900 which I thought to be a little high.

If what he has is in nice shape, it could be a good deal. Just a new set of comparable rotor blades today would cost over $2K if you were buying new parts, although they might be of more modern design. If you were building a new GyroBee from scratch, you could easily spend double that amount on the parts which would come from this KB2. (Rotor head, blades, controls, tank.)

If all it needed was a VW engine conversion and prop to fly, you'd be looking at another $8K or so if you bought it new, plus incidental hardware, and you'd probably need to replace a bunch of bolts.

You'd want to take someone experienced with you to look at the machine before purchase, and you'd want to know for sure you'd be happy flying a vintage design.

You also might want to contact the seller in 30-60 days and make a low offer.

Rando

Gold Member
Hi: I recently saw a KB2 gyrocopter for sale on craigslist, Ohio. It is said to Have very low hours. it has a Ken Brock seat tank 22 ft Ken Brock rotor, wunderlich prerotator and, a 24inch hub bar. Could Anyone tell me How much this gyro is worth. It appears to be in excellent shape. however, it has no motor. It was set up for a V.W. Any info would be appreciated. Thank's : Justin.
I would recommend this one over a KB2. I would purchase it in a heartbeat but the wife says no.

http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45438&page=2