Ken Brock Freedom Fly in

rickloon

Aircraft
soma gyro ,aurora butterfly
Saw in Powered Sport 'flyer that the date for the kbff was the 28th 29th &30th of sept. . Has it been shortened and is this the correct date? Looking forward to seeing every one there this year as usual,but has always been earler in the month.
Rick&Sheri

dabkb2

Dave Bacon
Aircraft
2 KB2 90Mac KB3 582
Total Flight Time
289 hours
Yes those are the dates, its is always the last full weekend in the month. I will be there early so come on out . I am looking forward to seeing everyone. My physical therapy starts next week, so I am hoping my shoulder will be on the mend be the flyinn.

dabkb2

Dave Bacon
Aircraft
2 KB2 90Mac KB3 582
Total Flight Time
289 hours
No, you do not need to reserve a spot. The lakebed is 7 miles long and 2 miles wide. Plenty of room for everyone. Unfortunately the BLM is charging to bring a vehicle on the lake. they sell pass at the lake We camp at the north west corner in gyro cove. The lakebed in gyro cove is looking good, but be careful getting there, some new ditches and washouts that could cause damage. Bring what you need, there are hotels and stores but they are a good drive to get to.

PW_Plack

Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex 582
Total Flight Time
FW: 200 Gyro: 51
Cloudhopper, you'll be fine without a reservation. The campers and tents are set up more or less in a row. Just join the end of the line. The lake's pretty big!

dabkb2

Dave Bacon
Aircraft
2 KB2 90Mac KB3 582
Total Flight Time
289 hours
Cloudhopper, when do you plan on getting there?

Terry_Smith

Gyroplane Fan
Aircraft
Building a Sportcopter Vortex 582
Total Flight Time
3 - Some training and glider time
Cloudhopper - the only thing you'll have to do is pay the BLM to access the lakebed. If you go here - http://www.kbffi.com - go to the tab that says Flyer/Schedule at top of page. You can print up a flyer with directions and also a schedule that we try to follow 😁

You can visit www.pra-1.org - Chapter One website which has more I fo on the Fly-In. Feel free to reach out if you have any more questions!

Terry - PRA Chapter One President

tadgyro

tadgyro
Aircraft
Bensen Type,KB2, KB3 and Gyrobee
Total Flight Time
25 + years
Hi Vernon.
I live at El Mirage and be happy to show you around when you arrive at the lake,
Just call me 562 493-3960\
Teddy

GyroPro

SoCal Flyer
Aircraft
Sportcopter Vortex N739B
Total Flight Time
It was great seeing everyone again. Lots of members on the cusp of finishing off their license and getting their birds in the air. Great people, lots of knowledge and friendships. Thank you, PRA 1 staff and volunteers for going the extra mile and making everyday a joy. Good to see two CFI Gyros this year as well, Vance and Britta. It goes too quick.