KB2 front tire and tube

Benjamen

The size I can see on the tire is 2.8x4NHS, anyone got one of these not all dry rotted out? Or a source? These must have had a common purpose for Benson and Brock both to use them on the Gyrocopters.
Ben

Pictures worth a lot of words. These fronts are really low profile tiny pneumatics. The 2.8x4 describes the width and internal diameter, what number describes the fact that its only about 2 inches of profile? Only other numbers/data I can find on the tire is 00A508 Good Year M2SS. Will give Little Tires and Wheels a call in the morning.
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20220804_204416237.jpg
    IMG_20220804_204416237.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220804_202903654.jpg
    IMG_20220804_202903654.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 5
The size I can see on the tire is 2.8x4NHS, anyone got one of these not all dry rotted out? Or a source? These must have had a common purpose for Benson and Brock both to use them on the Gyrocopters.
Ben
Aircraft Spruce has an AZUSA 2.8x 4 that would probably work. I have also used 2.50X4 pneumatic hand truck tires.
Jim

Thanks Jim, I called Aircraft Spruce, was not happy with what they had, dug harder and found the original tire and hub used on the KB2/Benson B8m front end. I found it at Carefree Wheel and tire, wound up paying 29.50 for the tire/rim with bearings (you get to pick the options so look at the old unit). Was very glad to find the original profile and unit, here is a link~
Carefree Wheel and Tire

Ben

I have a Bensen nose gear assembly with a tire and tube.

Aircraft Spruce sells a slick version, same tire I use on my Long EZ.

That would have been my choice too, except I still would have had to remount my brake for that one, tight tolerance got built into the first scrub brake. I had to drill another set of holes and lower the heads of the bolts holding the steering rod for a touch more clearance. I think I would have had to do that with the slick from Aircraft Spruce as well. Got this all done, now onto other endless little detail!.