Kansas Leftoverture

CLS447

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Air Command 503 & Air Command SxS /EJ2.5
Total Flight Time
Aprox 400 gyro
Saturday night, right here in Reading PA......I have one ticket for one of my favorite albums to be performed live !

40 yr anniversary ! Man I'm getting old ! If you know & love this album...say so.

If you never heard it......LISTEN !

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd2ZEb678tc

On another note.....The Oct. ZZ Top concert that was cancelled due to band member illness has yet to be rescheduled......I am waiting.....that is at the same venue.

My college roommate at the University of Kansas considered himself something of an audiophile. We were both kids that had grown up on the farm in small Kansas communities,
so we took a special interest in the group. I'm sure other people in the dorm got tired of us playing this album. It still make me sing along and smile. Have a good time at the concert for me too!

RogerS

I thought that one of the Kansas guys got religion and swore off this pagan rock and roll?

I'm an amateur fiddler and always admired their violinist's work -- e. g. Dust in the Wind.

Thanks guys, I am anxious to be there !

Saturday night was the last date of their tour......What a great show & I had a great time ! Took about 10 minutes to get home. 3 $7 beers & some glazed cashews.

Free parking for me & very little gas consumed !

That always is nice. I like when people post their videos on youtube.....the next day !

The encore......... www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8EAPNjrCkA

It sounded a lot better there !

Last edited:
Doug, they played the whole album through but could not get one with the fiddle....This one is for you !

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHOAZJqf6l0

This stuff goes way back for me ! I Love it !

Roger.....I enjoyed it enough for the two of us....believe me !

Last edited:
On another subject.....I was happy to see the Eagles beat the Giants, But sad when the Steelers lost to the Patriots !

Go Steelers !

Doug Riley;n1128049 said:
I thought that one of the Kansas guys got religion and swore off this pagan rock and roll?

I'm an amateur fiddler and always admired their violinist's work -- e. g. Dust in the Wind.

Kansas' fiddler is Robby Steinhardt.
In the late 70s, then lead singer Steve Walsh decided to leave the band and do some solo and collaboration stuff (see Steve Hackett - Narnia 1978). The band brought in John Elefante to replace Walsh. Good choice too. Very similar voice. However, Elefante is a very religious person. If you listen to the lyrics from the 1980 album Audio Visions and the 1982 album Vinyl Confessions you'll hear a whole lot of spiritual reference. That's not to say their music wasn't pretty spiritual before that. But with John the religious influence was very apparent. Their music really began to resemble "God Rock". He did move on later and was very involved with his religion stuff. But now he's back to touring again. I don't know if he's with Kansas still.
Favorite band ever.
Another band from Kansas with a fiddler is Shooting Star. Excellent music.

Last edited:
Glenn, an ex took me to a show here in Reading.....It was going to be "Christian rock".....I did not know what to expect. One of the bands was Skillet...

I was blown away by them & had a great time.

Let me post a good one...... www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mjlM_RnsVE

Check em out , I have 2 of their CDs & would go see them again in a second !

Glenn, thanks for the violinist's name. He has some serious classical chops, though he looked like quite the outlaw hippie back in the day. And Chris S., thanks for the video.