Kamov Ka-50

I love coaxials, and the KA-26 is one of my favorite dream helis.
I have always wondered though how does the rotor wash from the top rotor affect the lower rotor.
There was some hungarian KA26s for sale on the internet a while back, you could buy the whole rig for 45k and it came with a container of spares.
Registering it would be an issue as was already mentioned.
I just couldnt do a rig like that justice. My mech skills are too feeble to keep it in the air.

I love coaxials, and the KA-26 is one of my favorite dream helis.
I have always wondered though how does the rotor wash from the top rotor affect the lower rotor.
There was some hungarian KA26s for sale on the internet a while back, you could buy the whole rig for 45k and it came with a container of spares.
Registering it would be an issue as was already mentioned.
I just couldnt do a rig like that justice. My mech skills are too feeble to keep it in the air.
It's my experience that the lower rotor runs at an increased pitch in order to balance the torque on the airframe. It's less efficient running in the downwash of the top rotor but still more efficient than a conventional helicopter. The spacing of 10% rotor diameter between rotors I think is optimum, someone told me last night that the kamov's have the most efficient coaxial hovering capability.

Wow cool! Thx.
These can auto rotate correct?

Wow cool! Thx.
These can auto rotate correct?
Autorotation is not a problem but I've read there is a pedal reversal in an auto. Can't get my head around why but I'm sure someone can explain it.

That sort of makes sense, since airflow will now be in the opposite direction through the surfaces that are putting any yaw change into effect.