Just Wanted to Make It Official ...

Heli-Davidson

Old Fart
Aircraft
Helicycle, 1995 RAF 2000GTX-2.2L
Total Flight Time
2,000+
Hi,

I noticed that there wasn't a place for the fine folks in Chapter 58, aka, the Sierra Rotorcraft Club, to congregate here in their own sub-forum. So, I asked Todd to make us this here little virtual cubbyhole, and he's come through in record time. Thanks, Todd!

I'll be attending the meeting in Livermore this coming Saturday, 18 August, and will be bringing Otto Gyro on his trailer, a RAF 2000GTX that has seen better days. He needs a lot of TLC, and I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for where to get parts, stability mods to make, and other improvements (a return to airworthiness would be a good start). I hope to see you there.

All the Best,
Jim

Hi,

I noticed that there wasn't a place for the fine folks in Chapter 58, aka, the Sierra Rotorcraft Club, to congregate here in their own sub-forum. So, I asked Todd to make us this here little virtual cubbyhole, and he's come through in record time. Thanks, Todd!

I'll be attending the meeting in Livermore this coming Saturday, 18 August, and will be bringing Otto Gyro on his trailer, a RAF 2000GTX that has seen better days. He needs a lot of TLC, and I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for where to get parts, stability mods to make, and other improvements (a return to airworthiness would be a good start). I hope to see you there.

All the Best,
Jim

I'll be there with my SparrowHawk. It's never seen another gyro :) .

Marc

Who are you and what the h--- are you trying to say? I stay confused enough so please don't add to it!

Huh?

Huh?

Who are you and what the h--- are you trying to say? I stay confused enough so please don't add to it!

Now I'm confused.

The messages above were about a meeting that I went to almost a year ago. Nothing posted on this thread since then. Did something get deleted that would connect the dots?

So does Chapter 58 have regular meetings or events? It's been kinda lonely since Chapter 5 went inactive.

still out there

still out there

So does Chapter 58 have regular meetings or events? It's been kinda lonely since Chapter 5 went inactive.

The last event where I saw the group was at the Hiller Museum Vertical Challenge Airshow in June. They had one set up very recently to visit the Hornet, but there wasn't much interest, so it was canceled. Jim Burrow sends out a newsletter by e-mail every month. Last I heard they were working on a helicopter simulator using an old R-22. They usually turn out for the airport day at Livermore in September.

I checked out the website. It looks like they are struggling to stay alive. I hope I am able to instill some interest over at Tracy Airport once I get my Golden Butterfly in the air.