June Fly In and Chapter Meeting

dragonflyerthom

Platinum Member
Aircraft
RAF 2000 GTX SE
Total Flight Time
183FW 132Gyro
Hey Guys and Gals

Mark June 26 down on your calender for a Fly In and Meeting at Gurdon, Arkansas. This should be a great Social and learning experience. There will be notice placed at the PRA web site. We will have lots of room to fly and it is a very private airport. Very little extraneous air activity other than rotary aircraft. I do know there will be some ultras tho. Come one come early. We will have a cook out for the members, guests, and family. Please let me know if you are coming so that I will have enough food. :welcome:

dragonflyerthom

Platinum Member
Aircraft
RAF 2000 GTX SE
Total Flight Time
183FW 132Gyro
Just a bump to keep this meeting in your mind. Hope to see and hear from you guys. If you are coming please pm me so that I will make sure we have enough to eat and drink. RSVP

dragonflyerthom

Platinum Member
Aircraft
RAF 2000 GTX SE
Total Flight Time
183FW 132Gyro
Just a bump. One week and counting. This is going to be great. I went up today just to do a few T/O and Landings. I think I'm ready.

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Let us know all about it! Pictures please Thom!

dragonflyerthom

Platinum Member
Aircraft
RAF 2000 GTX SE
Total Flight Time
183FW 132Gyro
Bump

Saturday is just 2 days away. It will be great but just a little warm. Temp forcast for the day is 94 F. Should be nice. See you there. Bring your gyro or plans.

dragonflyerthom

Platinum Member
Aircraft
RAF 2000 GTX SE
Total Flight Time
183FW 132Gyro
Saturday is just one day from now. Hope you can come. There should be quite a few Av8rs there. See you.

Friendly

Platinum Member
Aircraft
KB2 & KB4
Total Flight Time
Thom,
I will not make it to the fly in. Just too many things to do. Parts are in for Guy, so I will help him with his gyro this weekend. Bill will be there about 10 am tomorrow and he has something for you from me. Good luck, wish I was going to be there.

Friendly

Platinum Member
Aircraft
KB2 & KB4
Total Flight Time
How was the flyin, who was there, what did ya ll do , where are the pictures.

dragonflyerthom

Platinum Member
Aircraft
RAF 2000 GTX SE
Total Flight Time
183FW 132Gyro
How was the flyin, who was there, what did ya ll do , where are the pictures.

The Flyin was great. We all used the large Oak tree next to the briefing room and stayed relatively comfortable despite the heat. I was soo busy with the fly in that I forgot my camera. There were several others there that did so I hope they will post. There were three gyros there Bill Wieger, Walt B and mine. We had members and guest from Texarkana, Russellville, Malvern, Morrelton, Arkadelphia and Gurdon. In all there were a total of 21 members and guest. Gary Hall was there and in great form. He kept everyone entertained. I cooked Hamburger, Hotdogs, and there were assorted chips, cookies, water and drinks. We didn't run out of water. Jim Edwards called and said his gyro hauler had swormed on him so he returned to Russellville. I did call to check on him and he made it back by 12 on Saturday. We also had a PPC there but he flew early in the AM so most weren't able to see him fly but Steve Pennington flew his two place light sport airplane many times. By the time I was ready to fly my RAF I just didn't feel comfortable with the crosswind and 12 mph wind. So maybe next time. Everyone said they really did have a great time. We talked gyros, gyros, and then more gyros. What a great group of guys we had here. If anyone wants to post some pics please do. I will check with a friend of mine to see what he has. We have started to make plans for a flyin at Pettit Jean Mountain. I will try to have it at the same time the PPC are there. Stay tuned. Last time there were over 50 PPCs and 8 or 10 aviation vendors.

Mark the mold arrived by Bill. I can hardly wait to see what I can do with them. Only one seems to need some work. Thank you. I really wish you had been able to come. You would have enjoyed the Oak tree.

Last edited:

magilla

Gyro Project Owner
Aircraft
UH-1H / UH-60A
Total Flight Time
2000+ RW
Sorry I missed it, Thom! I have about 3 weeks of work on my gyro until complete - just need to find the time to get the pre-rotoator done. Goal is to be ready by October. I cannot believe it's been 4 years, and I still haven't flown it. Ugh.