June 13 Fly in and Meeting

dragonflyerthom

Platinum Member
Aircraft
RAF 2000 GTX SE
Total Flight Time
183FW 132Gyro
I'm getting excited. We will be having our Fly in/Meeting in Russellville, Arkansas on the 13th of June. Jim Edwards will be hosting the Event and the FBO there is really gyro friendly Two Members are now signed off to fly Solo. They went to Bensen Days and got their sign off. Jim Edwards and Walt Backer congrats go out to you guys. If you need information as to how to get to Russellville you can PM me or Jim Edwards or Magilla here on the forum. You can leave your Phone number and I will call you.

If you have a project please bring it so that we can drool over it. There will eats and lots of friendly conversation. Those who want to get there on Friday the 12th will find Russellville a real friendly place with lots of places to stay. See you there.

I was wondering if any of our Sister chapter 20 members were thinking about this fly in.

I am hoping there will be a tractor or two at this fly in. May be Magilla will bring his almost finished project. See you guys there. Are you getting as excited as I am?

I was wondering if any of our Sister chapter 20 members were thinking about this fly in.

Where is Russellville? , Never mind, I looked it up, That is long way to haul a gyro. I still want to make the PetiJean Mt. flyin in Oct. Bill said the FOB at Bastrop wants us back and he was going to see about a joint chapter meet. I need to bring you those items you requested.

Last edited:
Jody

There should be between 5 to 10 Gyros there at the airport. We will have a great time and there are enough ol timers you can talk to. These are a great bunch of guys. But we have a Petit Jean meet in October that is interesting also.

Just to bump this thread.

If you haven't attended one of our meets you will really be surprised at how great they are. I know I really enjoy myself at them. Jim put on a great feed the last time he hosted the fly in. Bring your cameras and a friend or two.

Last edited:
Looks like this weekend will be a no-go for me.:(

Too much going on around here, so I won't be able to get away.

Take some pics to share!!!!

Jody

Fly in/Meeting in Russellville, Arkansas

Fly in/Meeting in Russellville, Arkansas

I'm getting excited. We will be having our Fly in/Meeting in Russellville, Arkansas on the 13th of June. Jim Edwards will be hosting the Event and the FBO there is really gyro friendly Two Members are now signed off to fly Solo. They went to Bensen Days and got their sign off. Jim Edwards and Walt Backer congrats go out to you guys. If you need information as to how to get to Russellville you can PM me or Jim Edwards or Magilla here on the forum. You can leave your Phone number and I will call you.

If you have a project please bring it so that we can drool over it. There will eats and lots of friendly conversation. Those who want to get there on Friday the 12th will find Russellville a real friendly place with lots of places to stay. See you there.

Here is the "flier":

GYRO CLUB GATHERING
Saturday June 13, 2009
Russellville Airport
FRIENDSHIP, FLYING, CONTESTS, FREE FOOD

PUBLIC IS WELCOME to OBSERVE and ASK QUESTIONS

Pictures are from BD at Wauchula. Hope to see some of you there!

Attachments

• CIMG1485.jpg
    CIMG1485.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1
  • CIMG1537.jpg
    CIMG1537.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1
  • CIMG1541.jpg
    CIMG1541.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1
  • CIMG1543.jpg
    CIMG1543.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1
Hi Jim

I will be flying in early Saturday. I will leave here at daybreak. That should get me there around 7:30 AM. I will need to open the store and make sure it is running before I leave. I can hardly wait to see all you guys.

Well there is a storm coming in from the West. I may have to delay my T/O but the weather otherwise should be O.K. I am getting excited.

Saturdays Fly in was really great. We had 10 gyros, 2 trikes, a Rans and a RV 6.
Spencer had the camera and Mine was left at the Store. a real bummer Hopefully Spencer will post some pics later this week.
Lunch was provided by Walt Backer and Jim Edwards. The Angus Beef burgers were real tasty and the women really went all out with dip chips and desert.

The morning started out with 5 gyros a Rans and a Trike flying in at the same time it was a site to behold with all those aircraft in the air. Joe Terminella pulled his tractor in from Fayetteville and Spencer pulled his tractor from Little Rock. I came in from Gurdon. The weather co operated with the high around 90F. It was rather hot in the PM with me getting my legs sunburned. Bob Gregory came in on his motorcycle from Missiori. Richard Kennedy, Gary Hall, John Furguson, Bob Smith, Bill Weems, and a bunch more people came. If I misspelled your name or it isn't here please PM me and I will edit it in.

We had a local paper covering the fly in with pictures and he said he was writing an article for us. The local radio station announced our fly in and there were lots of visitors and interested observers. Several of the members put on shows about one an hour. The rest of the time we talked Gyros, Gyros and yea more Gyros.

All in all it was a really nice meet. If you wanted to see gyros and didn't come, you missed a good one. Hopefully Some of you that took some pictures will post them.

Thom- Looks like you had a good time. Way to go...

Stan

Thom - you guys are having way too much fun!!!

John

We do this twice a year so we go for all the gusto we can get. It really was great. At 62 year young I try to make it all count. lol

Way to go guys!!!! Twice the fun!