Jump Take Off - ELA Eclipse Revo April 2023

Unless.... maybe it works but the process is either unreliable, a faff, both etc OR maybe not as seems - looking at the film it isn't really a jump and I wonder if the rotor speed is more the challenge than the pitch control.

What ever they have created, if it needs a shady video, this should tell us some thing!

Unless.... maybe it works but the process is either unreliable, a faff, both etc OR maybe not as seems - looking at the film it isn't really a jump and I wonder if the rotor speed is more the challenge than the pitch control.
OK Phil, you keep using this word... what on earth is a "faff"?

Last edited:
From what I can glean online, it is like the title of the Shakespeare comedy, Much Ado About Nothing.

All fuss and dither.

explaining what a faff is.... :) but in this context you know a clumsy, messy, ineffective or inefficient use of time type scenario

After watching Cookie's slowed down & brightened video for the "umpteenth" time, it appears to just be a short take-off.

And, in the ELA video posted in Post #1, the fellow doesn't even mention a jump-takeoff boast! Nor is there anything w/ words displayed on the video stating such.
It was our forum member, Roger B, who started this thread & labeled it as a jump take-off machine!

The video shows a two place machine & Cookie is likely correct: It probably has a very light-weight pilot at the helm as it climbs rapidly. No apparent winds are shown in the trees far in the background.

Sport Copter videos of a 912-M taking off in a slight breese on youtube after pre-rotating to around 300 rrpms shows similar performance. Only, that is a lighter single place aircraft & using a Rotax 912 (100 hp).

I do notice in that nightime video that the rotor tilts to the right when the mains lift off & then being corrected to level. A friend who owns a Magni M24 w/ the Rotax 915 (141 hp) says he has that same thing happening when he lifts off the paved runway under full power. He has to anticipate that occurring & counters the right tilt of the rotor disc w/ left cyclic & right rudder pedal to correct the left yaw. Likely the ELA is 915 powered...

Last edited:

I do notice in that nightime video that the rotor tilts to the right when the mains lift off & then being corrected to level. A friend who owns a Magni M24 w/ the Rotax 915 (141 hp) says he has that same thing happening when he lifts off the paved runway under full power. He has to anticipate that occurring & counters the right tilt of the rotor disc w/ left cyclic & right rudder pedal to correct the left yaw. Likely the ELA is 915 powered...

Your friend needs more practice with an instructor on his M24Plus with 915 maybe.
I flew the M24 Plus 915 and I heard all the things about needs full right rudder and hard to line up straight on landing and all and I did not really have any serious issues with any of these items. It did not need full right rudder on takeoff. Argon 915 and GTL also don't need full right rudder if rigged properly. This is all a familiarity and training issue. On takeoff at full power of course you would anticipate a torque effect on leaving the ground (roll to the right and yaw to the left). This is true in all airplanes as well. The more powerful the engine, the more one feels it.

Yes, his gyro CFI instructor (Matt Van Pelt), of Independence, OR) has started my friend to T.O. using less than full throttle. Noticeable less roll & yaw using less than all the 141 horses.

He says the 915 is a rocket & that he loves it, as well as the entire machine. It has two Dynon panels that appear to do everything for the pilot except fly the aircraft & cook breakfast!

The Magni gyroplane business in Italy & it's distributors here in the USA appears to be a very honest & trustworthy organization w/ a quality product that is AVAILABLE in a extremely timely manner when a customer places their deposit/order!

The video shows a two place machine & Cookie is likely correct: It probably has a very light-weight pilot at the helm as it climbs rapidly. No apparent winds are shown in the trees far in the background.

Sport Copter videos of a 912-M taking off in a slight breese on youetube after pre-rotating to around 300 rrpms shows similar performance. Only, that is a lighter single place aircraft & using a Rotax 912 (100 hp).

In my opinion the position of the cyclic (tilt of the disk left to right) is a guess until lift off. If the guess was right there will be no correction and if the guess is not right some corrective action may be required.

Last edited:
No updates ?

Rumors it may show at Bensen Days!