July Barnstormers Ads for Gyroplanes and Eng's

When Chapter 2 toured Sport Copter in April, we saw several M912 single-place kits being readied for customers, and some factory-assembled ones for customers in Australia, the market for which they were designed. Jim said that a complete kit was in the neighborhood of $63K with the 912.

If he's moving machines at $63K and continually finding new prospects through customer referrals, why would he sell them any cheaper? Remember, this gyro is certified in Australia for sale factory-assembled.

I don't have the money for a premium automobile, but I'm neither surprised nor confused at the idea that there are carmakers who have found a niche catering to that market.

Hi John, that link has me worried, had completely forgotten Nicolas had in fact posted that and I had seen it. Hmm absent mindedness, not a good sign.

It is always the case that compromise has to be considered and in this case it would seem agility for stability speed and possibly economy in the cruise.

This was another engine that might be worth watching. It is new, not very good looking, in fact rather ugly but a lot of off the shelf parts and designed to be simple safe and economic. I think it has a ways to go but would like to see what the price is going to be.

http://www.d-motor.eu/nl/home-1.htm

912is probably around 63Kg and as fuel efficient
Thank you Bro I'll watch it too!!!

When Chapter 2 toured Sport Copter in April, we saw several M912 single-place kits being readied for customers, and some factory-assembled ones for customers in Australia, the market for which they were designed. Jim said that a complete kit was in the neighborhood of $63K with the 912.

If he's moving machines at $63K and continually finding new prospects through customer referrals, why would he sell them any cheaper? Remember, this gyro is certified in Australia for sale factory-assembled.

I don't have the money for a premium automobile, but I'm neither surprised nor confused at the idea that there are carmakers who have found a niche catering to that market.
I say way to go and congratulations!!!

PS:
I honestly thought that the builder was adding his labor to the price as I did not know his cost, or I and the others that did not know either probably would not have said a thing as that's just retail price. We understand that now.

Last edited:
Having just returned from Sport Copter, I can report that they are very busy shipping kits and complete builds and these new machines have upgrades that solve problems exposed by us cowboy pilots. Every time a part is bent, Sport Copter starts shipping a stronger part. I spent a week at the factory adding all these new upgrades to my machine which now has 50 hours. A story about the off airport rough treatment I dish out to my Vortex will appear in a major magazine in the next year. The Rotax 912 ULS has good performance, but I would like more since power is everything. No way can a 582 perform at high density altitudes. The Vortex is truly one tough gyro.

Having just returned from Sport Copter, I can report that they are very busy shipping kits and complete builds and these new machines have upgrades that solve problems exposed by us cowboy pilots. Every time a part is bent, Sport Copter starts shipping a stronger part. I spent a week at the factory adding all these new upgrades to my machine which now has 50 hours. A story about the off airport rough treatment I dish out to my Vortex will appear in a major magazine in the next year. The Rotax 912 ULS has good performance, but I would like more since power is everything. No way can a 582 perform at high density altitudes. The Vortex is truly one tough gyro.
Thank you for the pilot report. I haven't even seen one in person yet.

That's the way to redesign making them stronger as you discover weak parts from real world rough treatment!!!