Jon or Nicolas ? on weight and balance

Joe Pires

star hoarder
Aircraft
Aviomania GS2.
Total Flight Time
600 ish solo gyro and 190 ish two place
Hi Guys, I am getting ready to order my inspection and have to complete the weight and balance information. Can you give me any input regarding that? I have attached the blank form here.

The pic looks like the keel is too low but i have brought that up after looking at the pic.

Jon your mail box on the forum is full btw.

Attachments

• Blank Gyro weight and balance sheet.pdf
    17.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Aviomania.jpg
    Aviomania.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Joe hi.....

Wow.... that beast at the back must be really heavy... you had to move the rotorhead at least 6"-7" at the back!!!!! How many horses do you have??

Regarding the weight and balance i am sending you an email with details.....

Nose wheel: are you leaving the nose free castering?? or are you using our soft link?

Hi nicolas. I have differential braking so the nosewheel is castoring.. it has 130 hp turning a 72" PROP. It is heavier than I had hoped. It is about 714. Some of it from the engine but also from redundancy in the battery and fuel pump. We also have some steel where we could have had aluminum.

Great looking. Bird Joe! Am I wrong for assuming the second seat is for Laura?

I see... it is about 130- 140 lbs heavier than the 912 version... what blades are you using?.... the new wide chord from Ernie or the standard 28'

I recommend you try the soft steering.... it works as a free castoring with differential brakes, but at slow speed turns very nice with the rudder petals. When stationary the nose wheel hardly moves when using the rudders but once it starts rolling you have a very nice positive steering. When the speed start to get higher (starting your take off run or landing run) our nose wheel design wants to track straight (behaves as a free castoring) so it does not have the negatives of the hard connected nose wheel…. Rudder inputs have little effect on the nose wheel steering.

Just give it a try and let me know how you like it..... i think you will love our soft coupling.
All the best with the certification.. and have many many safe landings!!! Well done, nice work!!!

My old tandem dominator, with Yamaha 3 cylinder engine and all the bells and whistles weighed about 560 lbs minus fuel.... 120 hp