Job Transfer. Not good.

Tim- How does this play out for attending Bensen Days? Hope you cam make it, and don't forget about rooming with us. Stan

Tim- How does this play out for attending Bensen Days? Hope you cam make it, and don't forget about rooming with us. Stan

Stan, I'm planning on making Bensen Days so you can count on an extra room mate. Do you plan on hitting the rib place again on the way?

Tim- I would love another rack-o-ribs! I am thinking of booking my flight soon. Stan

Tim- I would love another rack-o-ribs! I am thinking of booking my flight soon. Stan
LOL I'll stop by the place Sunday since I am going there to fly. I'll order a half rack just to bring back not so distant memories :)

Gabor- You need to eat a whole rack. It may help your strength and bulk you up some! Stan

Well, I found out this evening I'm being transferred to Milton, FL. I have to report to my new job location Dec. 20th. It was the closest location on the list of possible transfer locations. It's about 120 miles away. I'll most likely be living in my motor home over there and come home on the weekends. I'll have to change job titles to boot. I'll have to leave the installation side of the house and go back to where I started, the line crew. Right now the only positive thing I can think of is I still have a job.

If the pays the same Tim, being an ex-lineman, I'd rather be outside; but now retired...

Wish you luck. ;)

Cheers :)

They need help in NC

They need help in NC

Tim,

Sorry to read about your job woes. About the only silver cloud is that you still have a job and a paycheck.

Here in Eastern NC....Its been 3 weeks and my inlaw's still cannot get a new phone line install at their new house. They keep saying they will be there monday, they just have not said "Which Monday"......3 weeks,, unreal !!!

J

Those Damn Ribs again

I weigh half as much as Stan , and a third as much as Gabor and I could still eat more ribs than them ....

...... Tim.... if you are going to be climbing poles ...... NO RIBS FOR YOU !!!!! Get on the exercise machine !!

Here I started out wanting to tell Tim that he should come up here to Canada to climb hydro poles for a month. We pay big bucks and supply the equipment. A shovel , warm clothes , a vague pointing direction toward a forlorn pole out in a snowbank and ..... never mind all that.

We love American pole climbers. Give 'em a shovel and instructions .... and they say "go to hell" ... then the Canadian says .... OK .... I hear it is warm there , lets go , you lead the way.

6 months later they send pictures from the Bahamas.

Moral of the story is I was trying to cheer Tim up so his new job sounded much easier than a pole climbing trip to Canada (and then the Bahamas). I was doing just fine until somebody mentioned ribs.

The above rant was told tongue-in-cheek in order to elicit a smile or two . Hope it worked. Now I am going to tell a true story , as helicopter pilots are know to do from time to time. Here goes:

As I was typing this I ate a huge steak and three baked potatoes. Both hands could barely cover the steak. That is how big it was. And NO BONES to leave on the plate like the pretender 'american rib guys are prone to do.

Sorry , Canadian full disclosure requires I convert from metric to 'american. Once the steak was cooked , about one and a half hands would cover it , and the three baked potatoes were on the small side.

It is 6 AM and it is like a little early morning snack for me. And I weigh the equivalent of 14 gallons of helicopter gas.

The above couple of claims are absolutely true. Wait till you see me eating ribs. Your eyes will burst just watching me.

Now that I got that out of the way , best wishes Tim. From my perspective I would love to live in a motor home 12 months of the year. 4 days a week would not be enough. It is all perspective.

Trade places?

Have a great day everybody.

Dont get me started on rib eating contests.

Arnie

Arnie pal- Eating pork ribs competition? You are on! The only thing that limits me on the number of ribs I can wolf down is the price of the dang things. If you and I ever get together....lets just keep ordering ribs....the guy that eats the most gets his paid for! Man, I feel this is so unfair to you as you dont know how much steak, or ribs I can put away.....and I am very competitive.

They will probably have to have a defibulator on stand by....and some tongs to remove the pork ribs from the lining around my heart.

Bring it on Arnie....Bring it on! ha

Stan

Well, Tim with all that exercise you just may end up living longer as you are going to be in much better shape.

And Great we have a roommate for Bensen Days!!! It's a party, it's a party... Cannot wait!
See ya there!!!

PS:
I've never met a friend who can eat as much as STAN! I'll be betting on him, no offense Arnie, I've seen the way my buddy eats!

Well, I found out this evening I'm being transferred to Milton, FL. I have to report to my new job location Dec. 20th. It was the closest location on the list of possible transfer locations. It's about 120 miles away. I'll most likely be living in my motor home over there and come home on the weekends. I'll have to change job titles to boot. I'll have to leave the installation side of the house and go back to where I started, the line crew. Right now the only positive thing I can think of is I still have a job.

I've still got a nice set of sharp gaffs around here somewhere, but I got rid of my T-40C (cherry picker) with the reel carrier and running cable stringer set-up. <Sigh>, those were the days...NOT!!! I can't imagine gaffin poles again. Love the smell of creosote though. My dad always smelled like that at dinner time. I am third generation gaffer. Grandpa work power, as did dad. Us kids all went into telecom after initiation in power. I hung up my hooks and never looked back, thank God. I did always like blowing stuff up with 40% Forcite tho.

I thought ATT was doing OK. I deal with them often. We are working a project with them now. I've notice a reduction in sales orders coming into my office in ATL, but we are still damn busy.

The housing market is still dropping like bird crap from a buzzard. If you can sell now, do it. Then rent. In Michigan, where I have an empty house once worth $400k on the market for sale or rent, I just found out that there are 1 million homes in foreclosure that have been held back that will be released for sale by tyhe banks hitting the market perhaps in 2011. That is a very scary thought. My house has been on the market for 6 months at $196k w/o a nibble. The ktichen is worth $25k, the hydronic in-floor heat is worth $35k. People want to give me $110 for the entire 3-story house!!! I still owe $196, so i am stuck.

Keep your spirits up, buddy. Either the world will end on 12/21/12, or the economy will finally start to rebuild as it always does. Either way, your situation is not permanent.

And just pray to God your family stays healthy. My latest medical bills just came in. From 10/15 - 11/12 the total is $400k for my little girl.

See? things could be a whole HELL of a lot worse! HahA!. It's just a matter of perspective, is all.

Bensen Days 2011 - be there, or be square! Feel the love yet? We're all behind ya 100%. You have friends here by the dozens, at the very least.

Greg,
I didn't have to hook too many poles when I was in the line crew before. We put those bucket trucks in some places I wouldn't dream of driving my own vehicle, though. It is more physically demanding and more dangerous than what I'm doing now. One time I backed my bucket truck into a down guy, snapped the pole and the power lines came down across the truck. Not good. Standard procedure is to stay in the vehicle if something like that happens so you don't get shocked by becoming grounded when you step onto the ground but as I was sitting there I noticed smoke rising up around the truck. The power lines had started a grass fire. I decided I had a choice to make. I could either sit in the truck and not get shocked but risk burning up in a fire or I could try jumping clear of the truck and risk getting shocked. I decided to jump clear of the truck. I then had to put out the fire and save the truck from getting burned up. Not only did the power lines come down across my truck but they also came down across an intersection. Not one of my best days.

Here are a few photos of repair work after Hurricane Ivan.

Photo 1: Roof off house across the street.
Photo 2: Debris piled along the road.
Photo 3: Motor home (what's left of it).
Photo 4: What's left of a water front home.
Photo 5: Contents of homes piled along the street.
Photo 6: Bolt still holding aerial cable up.
Photo 7: Another water front home (slab).

Attachments

• Roof.jpg
    Roof.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DCP01778s.JPG
    DCP01778s.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DCP01781s.JPG
    DCP01781s.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DCP01782s.JPG
    DCP01782s.JPG