Jesus Bolt

samouced

Aircraft
KB-2/3
Total Flight Time
I would like to replace the KB Teeter Bolt assembly (Jesus Bolt) on my KB-3. It was listed in the Brock Manufacturing catalog as KBTB-1. BM being out of business will not make that possible. Where would be a place to source the highest quality aviation hardware that my life will depend on? Is there any testing that can be conducted on this bolt before I install it to assure the quality needed? I guess the same would apply to the eight bolts that attach the rotor blades to the teeter bar.

Last edited:
I would guess Aircraft Spruce would be a good source. I’m sure if you measure the bolt they can sell you the correct AN Bolt with castle nut and cotter pin.

I would like to replace the KB Teeter Bolt assembly (Jesus Bolt) on my KB-3. It was listed in the Brock Manufacturing catalog as KBTB-1. BM being out of business will not make that possible. Where would be a place to source the highest quality aviation hardware that my life will depend one. Is there any testing that can be conducted on this bolt before I install it to assure the quality needed? I guess the same would apply to the eight bolts that attach the rotor blades to the teeter bar.

Aircraft Spruce is where I purchase my aviation hardware.

They have a lot of useful information that will help you to select the correct hardware.

In my experience a gyroplane is very different to fly than a helicopter.

Please get training before you fly.

I also like living.
Flying a single place gyro is very different than a 2-place. They are much more maneuverable in flight and lighter on the controls. Once you've completed 2-place training, don't jump in your single place machine and take off. Locate a copy of the Bentsen manual and follow the instructions exactly as written. You will have lots of fun learning how to become a safe gyro flying badass.

Flying a single place gyro is very different than a 2-place. They are much more maneuverable in flight and lighter on the controls. Once you've completed 2-place training, don't jump in your single place machine and take off. Locate a copy of the Bentsen manual and follow the instructions exactly as written. You will have lots of fun learning how to become a safe gyro flying badass.
PM your email address to me and I can send you a copy of the Bensen manual.

Eric

I also have a Gyroplane Training Manual by Steve Graves.
Excellent he was my CFI and examiner. I have not read it myself. I did however, learn from my father who learned from the Bensen Manual. In over 50 years he only had one minor incident.

Great Advice. Thank you for giving it. If everyone followed this there would be far less accidents.
Agreed. Not all gyro instructors have flown a single-place and those that haven't don't know there's a huge difference. Transition training is needed and the Bensen manual tells how, step-by-step, specifically for a single-place machine.

Agreed. Not all gyro instructors have flown a single-place and those that haven't don't know there's a huge difference. Transition training is needed and the Bensen manual tells how, step-by-step, specifically for a single-place machine.
Especially the modern CFI’s. Dad always said he difference between the two place and a single place is the difference between a dump truck and a Ferrari.

Well, they are AN6-45 and AN6-24 bolts with associated castle nuts and safety pins. Ordered from AS. I ran across teeter bar bolt info on another website and they recommended changing at the most every 12 months. As far as I know, the bolt I removed has 160 hours on it over 10 years.

Last edited:
Aircraft hardware can corrode or fatigue in use so in my opinion based on my time with The Predator it is important to inspect and replace flight critical hardware.

The same goes for flight critical bearings.

Inspecting the airframe, exhaust and engine mount regularly is also important.

Attachments

• ooo.jpg
    ooo.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 5
Changing bearings and bolts annually is cheap insurance 👍🏻😁