It's enough by now - I wanna fly !!

greeny

Aircraft
Gyro DF-02 HB-YPS
Total Flight Time
About two weeks ago it started snowing - and it hasn't really stopped since then. It takes little by now to top the record amount of 1970.

OK, part of the USA had Nemo, but even Nemo didn't bring the amounts of snow we have this season.
While in the valley the fallen snow (total nearly 4 meter /12 ft) keeps getting compressed and partly melts, in the surrounding mountains it heaps now up 5 meters (> 15 ft) and more.

Picture 2 and 3: Even the alpine choughs hate it.
They have their nests high up (up to 10'000 ft) in the mountains, but in winter, they like to visit the valley during the days.
Picture 4: OK, snow does not look too bad when there is a glimps of sun. The picture shows the ruins of a medieval castle.
Picture 5: We want to take these out and into the air ..

Attachments

• Schnee_1.jpg
    Schnee_1.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Schnee_2.jpg
    Schnee_2.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 0
  • Schnee_3.JPG
    Schnee_3.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Schnee_4.jpg
    Schnee_4.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Schnee_5.jpg
    Schnee_5.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Wow, its all a matter of prospective I suppose.
Tonight it's 50 here and moments before I read your post I was just thinking I was freezing!

Now it doesn't seem so cold at all thanks for that. Sorry about the cold... hang in there global warming is on the way.

I really like your hangar Greeny! I looks like it could survive a 20 foot snow load, and maybe even a small tactical nuke!!

.. and maybe even a small tactical nuke!!
That's what these shelters were built for.
The motor driven wing doors weight 55 metric tons - each. Better step aside when they unhook ..