It is too bad all gyros can't sound like this one.....

That is sweet indeed. You gotta fly that thing over to see us Ron. :)

Amazing engine. Probably some big $$$$. A whole bunch of McDonalds cheese burgers for sure.

Excellent! Very classic and "old-timey." I look forward to hearing it ramp up.

Speaking of which, what was that "pilot noise" I heard as you folded into the cabin?....You aren't old enough to warrant such as that yet, young sir. :boink:

By the way, there is a hole in your panel. I have one just like it. Have I started a trend?

Speaking of which, what was that "pilot noise" I heard as you folded into the cabin?....You aren't old enough to warrant such as that yet, young sir.

Maybe that was the sound of all those McDonald's burgers..........:lol:

Actually I was more interested in the sound of engine anyway. Just waiting for the video of it's first flight.

Very Cool. I really like the sound of lower rpms.

Found this a while back a radial in a car. Note no windows in back.

ZZ-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2V7B7-gdRA
ZZ-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk8d-bMhViM

Last edited:
Sure sounds goooodddd, If we all had a Little Wing or tractor with that radial and taxied up to the ramp at any airport, All fixed wing guys would do a double take and start acting human...

Last edited:
I thank my lucky stars that I am at an airport with a radial-powered steerman. With its straight pipe headers, it is the only thing louder than I am. An excellent time to be in 2nd place.

The first pusher gyroplane was powered by a radial engine.

Attachments

• Buhl autogyro.jpg
    Buhl autogyro.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 0
  • BuhlGPPEngine.jpg
    BuhlGPPEngine.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 0
Hi David

It sure looks like you would want to be very careful about doing a full throttle test on that gyro if you did not have the rotor up to speed !!

Tony

Some more info.

The photo below shows the first pusher autogiro, the 1931 "A-1" made by the Buhl Aircraft Co. of Marysville, MI. It was built under license from Autogiro Co. of America.

The wing span was 32 feet, length was 27 feet, and the rotor span was 40 feet, it used a 165 hp Continental A70 engine, and had the tail mounted on a "triple-boom."

It was said to be underpowered.

I don't belive it had much if any prerotator.

Attachments

• BuhlGPP3.jpg
    BuhlGPP3.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 0
Ron- What was the final outcome on that LittleWing. Did you Fly it? Is it still For Sale?
Please give US an update!!!!!!!!!

THANKS
Steve