Israel and Jerusalem facts

If there is one God (I believe so) we are all equal to Him, no penalties to pay, no tolls, no charge . . .it is free!!
NO books will ever teach you about God, but about religion, the way to understand God.
I think the God in all 3 books is not God The One, but some kind of intermediary related to those races or group of people.
If some people feel unconfortable by my views on God, then is better for them do reeducate themselves . . .they are in the wrong path!
There is two ways about God, coming from Him or going to Him . . .and they are booth good!
Heron

Timchick said:
People can stare the truth straight in the face and choose not to believe it. People all through the ages have tried to dillute the Bible and it's message. Some modern "scholars" say they know more then the early transcribers did. Who's to say they're right?

Tim,
The "Scholars" (quotes seem demeaning?) are far more knowledgeable now then they were when the cannon was well cannonized so I assume you would also distrust the Ecumenical Councils who decided on the books chosen for KJV.

More info on this here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_canon

kc0iv said:
Let's look at the phrase "Behold a young woman shall conceive..."
(“What Does Almah Mean,” The Lutheran News, April 3, 1967, p. 6).
(Princeton Theological Review, XXIV, 1926, p. 316).
(The Journal of Bible and Religion, XXI, April, 1953, p. 106).

The notion that almah merely signifies a “young woman” was first argued by the anti-Christian Jew, Trypho, in the mid-second century A.D. (Justin Martyr, Dialogue, 67)."

So I guess my question would be: Who got it right? The "The Revised Standard Version" , etc. Or Bibles such as the "King James"? Leon
kc0iv

Leon,

Very old source material. Every month we learn more about the ancient languages that the first versions of these texts were written in.

The finding of the apocrypha books and most importantly the Dead Sea scrolls have given us invaluable insight and more of these texts are being translated and studied every day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocrypha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_sea_scrolls

Phil, I believe your understanding about the Quote "cast my pearls before swine" is just a little off, the way I precieve it is that you will not discuss it any further because we are all pigs and that is not what that means.

To give the love you have about God to a world that is without him does not constitute That claim. All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God and it is not his Will that any should perish NO NOT ONE>
I didnt write that He did. Why are we "swine" if you know the truth and you have the truth but refuse to share it with " Sinner or Saint" " Jew or Gentile.

I have read one of the apocrypha books, the content made me loose interest for all others . . .Moses has a non flattering image in that book . . . he is more a Sadam than Mother Thereza . . .
So far it has been the same old dance . . .we are the best, the chosen, you have to believe or go to hell . . .
The oriental religions are better . . .if there is nothing on the other side at least you lived well here . . .start with your breathing . . .
The only brimstone and fire that I have seen comes out of airplanes and mostly US ones, since WWII. Right now there are thousands trying to scape another round of the same crap!
Heron

We are all God's children, play nice.

We are all God's children, play nice.

:rolleyes:
Happiness comes from making others happy.
And then there are those greedy, selfish bastards that are never happy​

JRB549 said:
Phil, I believe your understanding about the Quote "cast my pearls before swine" is just a little off, the way I precieve it is that you will not discuss it any further because we are all pigs and that is not what that means..

Matthew 7:6 (New International Version) 6"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

Matthew 7:6 (King James Version) 6Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Humm.. well hard to say. He could be a super literalist ( most fundamentalists don't actually take everything literally, just what they want to use for their own purpose), and be concerned about actual pigs reading the forum (see photo)

Or.. You could be right, he might be calling us swine or he might think we are just not worth the words of him or his god.

And he is afraid we will do bodily harm to him! I certainly will not though...

Or maybe he ment something completely different.

Since he wont share perhaps I can post some scripture to enlighten the swineish....

---------------
Here is one the evanglists often miss...

Oh, and by the way this means you need to sell your house, car, gyro and empty the bank acount...

JESUS ON THE RICH - Mark 10:25
"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

JESUS ON GIVING - Luke 12:33
"Sell your possessions and give to the poor."

JESUS ON GIVING - Luke 14:33
"Any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple."

JESUS ON GIVING - Mark 10:21
Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

-----------------------
Don't have a vascetomy or get racked up...

Deuteronomy 23:1 (KJV)
He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD.

-----------------------

Don't let the crippled work in food service...

Leviticus 21:16-23 [Eunuchs and other disabled not holy or allowed near altar.]
The LORD said to Moses, "Say to Aaron: 'For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; no man with a crippled foot or hand, or who is hunchbacked or dwarfed, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles. No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any defect is to come near to present the offerings made to the LORD by fire. He has a defect; he must not come near to offer the food of his God. He may eat the most holy food of his God, as well as the holy food; yet because of his defect, he must not go near the curtain or approach the altar, and so desecrate my sanctuary. I am the LORD, who makes them holy.

---------------------------------------------

Here is some more important advise from the Bible on living (and killing):

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 1) KILL THOSE WHO WORK ON THE SABBATH - Exodus 31:14-15 (NLT)
"Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it must be put to death; whoever does any work on that day must be cut off from his people. For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day must be put to death."

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 2) KILL THOSE WHO WORK ON THE SABBATH - Exodus 35:2-3 (NLT)
"For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death. Do not light a fire in any of your dwellings on the Sabbath day."

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 3) KILL THOSE WHO WORK ON THE SABBATH - Numbers 15:32-36 (NAB)
"While the Israelites were in the desert, a man was discovered gathering wood on the Sabbath day. Those who caught him at it brought him to Moses and Aaron and the whole assembly. But they kept him in custody, for there was no clear decision as to what should be done with him. Then the Lord said to Moses, "This man shall be put to death; let the whole community stone him outside the camp." So the whole community led him outside the camp and stoned him to death as the Lord had commanded Moses."

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 4) KILL A STUBBORN AND REBELLIOUS SON - Deuteronomy 21:18-21
If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of the town. They shall say to the elders, 'This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard.' Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death...

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 5) KILL ANYONE WHO CURSES HIS PARENTS - Leviticus 20:9
For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother. His blood shall be upon him.

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 6) KILL ADULTERERS - Leviticus 20:10
If a man commits adultery with another man's wife — with the wife of his neighbor — both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 7) KILL ADULTERERS - Leviticus 20:11
If a man sleeps with his father's wife, he has dishonored his father. Both the man and the woman must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 8) KILL ADULTERERS - Leviticus 20:12
If a man sleeps with his daughter-in-law, both of them must be put to death. What they have done is a perversion; their blood will be on their own heads.

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 9) KILL MALE HOMOSEXUALS - Leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 10) KILL SOME ADULTERERS - Leviticus 20:14
If a man marries both a woman and her mother, it is wicked. Both he and they must be burned in the fire, so that no wickedness will be among you.

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 11) KILL FOR BEASTIALITY - Leviticus 20:15
If a man has sexual relations with an animal, he must be put to death, and you must kill the animal.

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 12) KILL FOR BEASTIALITY - Leviticus 20:16
If a woman approaches an animal to have sexual relations with it, kill both the woman and the animal. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 13) KILL PROSTITUTES - Leviticus 21:9
If a priest's daughter defiles herself by becoming a prostitute, she disgraces her father; she must be burned in the fire.

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 14) KILL ANYONE WHO ATTACKS HIS PARENTS - Exodus 21:15
"Anyone who attacks his father or his mother must be put to death."

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 15) KILL ANYONE WHO CURSES HIS PARENTS - Exodus 21:17
"Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death."

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 16) KILL FAMILY OR FRIEND - Deuteronomy 13:6-9 (NIV)
If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death.

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 17) KILL AN ENTIRE TOWN - Deuteronomy 13:12-15 (NIV)
If you hear it said about one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you to live in that wicked men have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods you have not known), then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. Destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock.

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 18) KILL WORSHIPPERS OF OTHER GODS - Exodus 22:20
Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the LORD must be destroyed.

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 19) KILL WORSHIPPERS OF OTHER GODS - Exodus 32:27-29
Then [Moses] said to [the Levites], "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.' "The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died. Then Moses said, "You have been set apart to the LORD today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day."

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 20) KILL WORSHIPPERS OF OTHER GODS - Deuteronomy 14:6-10
“If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is of thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. Thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the Lord thy God.

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 21) KILL WORSHIPPERS OF OTHER GODS - Deuteronomy 17:2-5 (NIV)
If a man or woman living among you in one of the towns the LORD gives you is found doing evil in the eyes of the LORD your God in violation of his covenant, and contrary to my command has worshiped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars of the sky, and this has been brought to your attention, then you must investigate it thoroughly. If it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, take the man or woman who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death.

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 22) KILL THOSE WHO EAT BLOOD - Leviticus 7:27
If anyone eats blood, that person must be executed.

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 23) KILL BLASPHEMERS - Leviticus 24:16
"Anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD must be put to death. The entire assembly must stone him. Whether an alien or native-born, when he blasphemes the Name, he must be put to death."

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 24) KILL WITCHES - Leviticus 20:27
"A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads."

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 25) KILL WITCHES - Exodus 22:18
Do not allow a sorceress to live.

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 26) KILL ANYONE WHO HAS SEX WITH ANIMALS - Exodus 22:19
"Anyone who has sexual relations with an animal must be put to death."

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 27) KILL FALSE PROPHETS - Deuteronomy 13:5 (NIV)
The false prophets or dreamers who try to lead you astray must be put to death.

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 28) KILL FALSE PROPHETS - Deuteronomy 18:20 (NIV)
"But any prophet who claims to give a message from another god or who falsely claims to speak for me must die."

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 29) KILL FALSE PROPHETS - Zechariah 13:2,3 (NIV)
"I will remove both the prophets and the spirit of impurity from the land. And if anyone still prophesies, his father and mother, to whom he was born, will say to him, 'You must die, because you have told lies in the LORD's name.' When he prophesies, his own parents will stab him."

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 30) KILL SONS FOR THE SINS OF THEIR FOREFATHERS - Isaiah 14:21
Prepare a place to slaughter his sons for the sins of their forefathers; they are not to rise to inherit the land and cover the earth with their cities.

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 31) KILL NON-VIRGIN BRIDES - Deuteronomy 22:20-21
If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl's virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father's house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father's house. You must purge the evil from among you.

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 32) KILL MALE HOMOSEXUALS AND OTHERS FOR MANY REASONS - Romans 1:26-32 (KJV)
For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 33) KILL UNBELIEVERS - Acts 3:23
"And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear the prophet, shall be destroyed."

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 34) KILL THOSE DEVOTED TO DESTRUCTION - Leviticus 27:29
No person devoted to destruction may be ransomed; he must be put to death.

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 35) KILL THOSE WITHOUT THE MARK - Ezekiel 9:5-7 (NLT)
"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark.
Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told."

BIBLICAL DEATH PENALTY: (part 36) KILL FOR GOD - Jeremiah 48:10 (NIV)
"Cursed be he who does the Lord's work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood."

-----------------------------------

When going to lunch today...

Leviticus 11:29 [No escargot.]
Of the crawling things that crawl on the earth, regard the following as unclean: the weasel, the rat, the torioise, the ferret, the crocodile, the lizard, the snail, and the mole.

Leviticus 11:21-22
There are, however, some winged insects you may eat: those that have jointed legs for hopping on the ground. You may eat any kind of locust, katydid, cricket or grasshopper.

--------------------------------
Don't forget to party...

Ecclesiastes 9:7
Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.

-----------------------------
No need for Beeno
Isaiah 16:11 (KJV)
Wherefore my bowels shall sound like an harp for Moab, and mine inward parts for Kirharesh.

----------------------------
Just incase your children misbehave...

Leviticus 20:9
For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother. His blood shall be upon him.

- Exodus 21:15
"Anyone who attacks his father or his mother must be put to death."

Exodus 21:17
"Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death."

Deuteronomy 21:18-21
If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of the town. They shall say to the elders, 'This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard.' Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death...

-----------------------------
And a final word for us swine....:)

Romans 2:1
"You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things."

Matthew 5:22
"But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell."

Attachments

• pigcomputer.gif
    pigcomputer.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 0
Hmmm
This Bible is pretty harsh on all of us . . . My guess is that very few will be living if we probe everyone's life.
Kill the infidel? NO . . .that is the other book . . .
What if one does not have anything but pearls to give?
And if the pigs are starving?
What is this thing agains pigs anyway?
Hey Hognose . . .run my friend . . .run!!
Heron :D

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Tim O.,
You may have a lot of knowledge about what the text says but you clearly lack the understanding of the context it was written in. You're a non-believer trying to understand things that are foreign to you because you've never believed in or accepted Christ. So, you try to explain away things you've never experienced.

While I'm here I'd like to relay something a friend shared with me this weekend. I'm not looking for any responses, I'm just sharing.

My friend's sister died from cancer this past week. She was a strong Christian. The last couple days as the end neared she had slipped into a coma-like condition and stopped responding to family members. Several family members were with her when she passed. They said all of a sudden she opened her eyes, started smiling and lifted her arms upward towards the ceiling. Then she was gone.

Timchick said:
Tim O.,
You may have a lot of knowledge about what the text says but you clearly lack the understanding of the context it was written in. You're a non-believer trying to understand things that are foreign to you because you've never believed in or accepted Christ. So, you try to explain away things you've never experienced. .

I'm afraid you are wrong with that one. I have never stated my beliefs on this forum I have only been talking scriptures.

I do find it very interesting that the vast, almost entire, majority of people that spout chapter and verse and claim to live by the bible know almost nothing of its history, who wrote it, what versions there are, who choose the books to be included the origin of the texts, the oral histories, and how the stories were meant to be used by those who penned them.

So many people just seem to think some guy was sitting in a tent in the desert with a pen and notepad taking direct dictation from god and that is how the bible came to be.

They sit on their intellectual rumps and let others tell them what to think about the bible and what the bible "means" and how to use the bible.

They cheer and say 'amen' when a bible thumper uses verse out of context to make some point to support his political or social agenda but when conflicting passages are produced they call foul and bring out the labels "non-believer" "atheist" "pagan" "agnostic" and "blasphemer"

They can't tell me why there are two creation stories and where they come from and why the cannon would have two completely different stories of the same time and why the apostles works have so many direct conflicts.

These people are actually afraid to know the history of the bible because they fear some close held belief will not be what they thought it was.

It must be a terrible thing to be afraid of the truth.

JESUS, ON BEING INSULTED - Matthew 5:11
"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me."

JESUS, ON HOW TO PRAY - Matthew 6:5-6
"When you pray, be not like the hypocrites who love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. When you pray, enter into the closet, shut the door, and pray to thy Father in secret."

Tim

I think you and I think alike. I am a christian. I don't go to church every time the doors are open. When I do go I worship in my way not the way the lord is dealing with the church that day.

I firmly believe my salvation is between the lord and me. I know it I believe it and therefore it is so.

I live a christian styled and helpful life every day. I walk the walk not just talk the talk.

Now I am rambling

Thom

dragonflyerthom said:
When I do go I worship in my way not the way the lord is dealing with the church that day.
Thom

Thank you Thom!

Your insight is keen and on the mark.

I will make one last post on this to apologize.
Should have never made the first one.

Nope, not calling anyone pigs. If anyone took it that way, I apologize.

I'll go back and delete it.

All this means (Greatly simplified) is if you have something good that you Love and cherish don't put it in front of someone who does not. They will try to make it look bad and demean it anyway they can. As evident in this thread since I made my first post.

So I apologize if anyone took it to mean I was name calling, it's not what that means.

Kinda goes back to trying to understand the written word with your mind when it has to be done mostly by being filled with the Spirit and your heart. If you don't know God with your heart you don't understand the word as it was meant to be understood.

Everybody has their own views of God. You have yours and I have mine. That's all.

I hope to meet you all one day, I'm sure we can be friends regardless of our differences and beliefs.

Phil, no apologies needed to me . . .and I ask you not to delete your post.
During a debate we can peek inside peoples souls, character and beliefs.
It help us to form boundaries to respect, I push the limits but I always try to keep a confortable zone to everyone.
There is a core of truth in all religions, we need to chisel out the politics, subliminar messages and things that were good at the time they were writen.
All knowledge is good and help you reafirm your good vaues and cleanse your doubts.
Faith is unquestionable, religion is not!
Most of what some say is that good things comes from God and bad things are all your fault, it does not work like that.
thanks for trying to open our eyes for the truth
Heron

My Turn to Speak?

My Turn to Speak?

No need to feel bad about stirring things up, learning is a chore, if it was easy everyone would be smart.

I like pigs, there is a couple living in a small town near here called Comstock. The couple have a small Asian Pot Belly Pig as a pet. Guess they make great pets but the towns people complain because "pigs" are considered a "farm animal" and not allowed in human residence. So the young couple were forced to move to another town where the people have less uppity noses. That is carrying the law beyond what it was intended for, but it happens all the time. And when the bible was being formed there were no laws.

Lots of people tout scripture as though it gives them the right to be, say and do whatever in accordance to their interpritation and if they have influence people will listen. Parables and metaphores are designed to inspire thought and discussion the stuff laws are made of.

The Bible was not written all in one sitting by one scholar, it came in bits and peices over thousands of years and most of it is still hidden away not published at all. The main characters in the Bible during their time were considered Gods by the ruling Babelonians of the day (and yes they were worshipped). They were all rich and lived in luxury with all the horrors and mayhem befitting their status. Humans behave in specific fashion regardess of how much money they have.

The most current human god was popular in Japan until the second world war when Emperor Hirohito was defeated. I suspect there are still human gods enjoying their status some place in the world. Might be there are lots living in the middle east. Seems those human gods have a tendency to murder lots of people when they don't get their way.

Anyway, we all die and if you can do it with grace and comfort I say "God's speed." There are things not meant for human knowledge and I believe it is in those places that God resides.

Thank you all,
Thomas

Had the time to read through this whole intercouse of info. The only thing I see as being the whole truth, is the whole world, regardless of race, culture, religion, ect. is geared (or however you want to phrase it) to follow one basic philosophy. MIGHT IS RIGHT!!

Think about that for a minute or two.

It doesn't matter what we believe, we are all to willing to use MIGHT to prove we are RIGHT.

Through every battle faught through out history the strongest/ mightiest group used thier "winning" as proof that "God", "Allah", "justice", or whatever was on thier side and thus proving that thier belief was/is RIGHT and anyone who disagrees should suffer, die, whatever.

YEP
You done good it is God's will and you are a man of faith, you done poorly, it is a penalty for your shortcomings in having faith.
The winners tell the story as they see fit . . .
And if we get enough people discussing and probing some hidden entity will start taking notice and moving the pieces to shut us down . . .
Got power?
Heron

barnstorm2 said:
I'm afraid you are wrong with that one. I have never stated my beliefs on this forum I have only been talking scriptures.

I do find it very interesting that the vast, almost entire, majority of people that spout chapter and verse and claim to live by the bible know almost nothing of its history, who wrote it, what versions there are, who choose the books to be included the origin of the texts, the oral histories, and how the stories were meant to be used by those who penned them.

Tim, It's called Faith. God created the stars, the earth and everything on it, including us. After all that, what's so hard to think he gave the early authors wisdom and inspired them to write what they wrote? Is everything they wrote in our modern Bibles? No. Were the people who decided what writings to put in the Bible also guided by God? Yes. What you lack is Faith. Faith is believing in something even if you can't prove it. Unless you can prove something or explain it enough so you can accept it you reject it. Instead of seeking answers you seek excuses and reasons why you shouldn't believe. No, you haven't stated you beliefs here on the forum, just your disbeliefs.

Gods can take the form of anything really, we see people worship money etc etc and some people call "spoting hero's" Gods etc.

The thing is that these people are out of luck, they wont find God there.
Was interesting the other day, a retired "star, hero, fotball player " died and one commentator very enthusiasticly called this man his God and said how he thought that this man was the greatest inspiration to him and thousands of other's etc etc.
I later heard that this "star' actually died a lonely and depressed man and I thought to myself, "how sad" , this man seemingly had it all, fame fortune etc etc but he died lonely and depressed.
He died not ever finding God and thats really sad, he died not ever having lived his life for the purpose and plan of God. So many people are like this man, living life and not knowing that there is a Father who loves each and everyone of them, they live with an emptiness somewhere in there all bottled up wondering what life was supposed to mean. This is really sad.