Is anyone flying one of these engines?

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Have a new friend who is considering this AM13 engine.
Here is a link from the company: http://www.aeromomentum.com/am13.html

I guess I'm just a skeptic of companies exaggerating both the HP and weight as they claim 100 HP and that it weighs only a little more than a 912 and cost 1/2 price??

If this were true you guys would be using them and so would many manufactures.

Attachments

Last edited:

NoWingsAttached

Unobtainium Member
Aircraft
Air Command Tandem w/ Arrow 100hp; GyroBee w/ Hirth 65hp; Air Command Tandem w/ Yamaha 150hp
Total Flight Time
>350
All that pretty paint is lipstick on a Sow. Another automotive conversion clunker weighing far more than the Yamaha YG3 and YG4 lineup of 120, 130, 140, 150 HP engines. Have your friend give me call.

Last edited:

Ernie_B

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Dominators
Total Flight Time
7K +
I am currently building 2 gyros with the 117 hp model!
And as to him being a new bee, this man has over 100 units out in the world , mostly on airboats. airboats uses about the same degree of power as does gyros!
The only problem I have found , is they will not last 4000hrs, the longest lasting one stopped short at 3966 hr.!
But you can go with the sled conversions, there may be a few with over 100 hrs. on them, BUT they are lighter!
Ernie

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
3600+ .. New to gyroplanes
I have not used the Aero monentum conversion but i did do 7 to 9 Suzuki G13BB conversions in trikes. It is truly a 100 HP and its smooth and nice. Its form factor is not normal aviation and its going to be 25 to 30 pounds heavier than a 912S.

These guys use brand new engines so they should be more reliable than ones i used. I had no issue with that conversion. It was smooth and reliable. Some of those customers from 2004 - 2007 have over 1000 hours in them now. Of course they make their own gearbox but they are aeronautical engineers. They have sold about 100+ to airboats.

Last edited:

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Thank you so much my friends!!!
I respect your opinions and will pass them along.

I feel much better now!
U-ROCK!!!!

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Hi I did recommend the Yamaha or used 912 but he wants a new engine not a used one... so no joy there.

NoWingsAttached

Unobtainium Member
Aircraft
Air Command Tandem w/ Arrow 100hp; GyroBee w/ Hirth 65hp; Air Command Tandem w/ Yamaha 150hp
Total Flight Time
>350
Hi I did recommend the Yamaha or used 912 but he wants a new engine not a used one... so no joy there.
New Yamahas are available

RotoPlane

Gold Supporter
Thank you John for this great find. As soon as I read on their home page that this is a Suzuki G engine, I relaxed.
The spec.'s are fine for licenced home-built gyros and most of their spare parts are reasonably priced.
If I was at a point beyond this ultra-lite test gyro, I'd buy one of these engines now.