Interesting engine for "singles"

Illini85

Gold Supporter
With Rotax shutting down 582 production a hole is going to be left to be filled. We are all hopeful Yamaha continues into the aviation market, but in the meantime this engine is continuing to move forward. Chip Erwin may just be on to something here. My understanding is the engine weighs 93 pounds produces 60 hp is 4 stroke, fuel injected and electronic ignition with electric start. The belt redrive is I think 15ish pounds. Total cost is quoted at $7,250. Produced by Can Am this is a 4-wheeler based engine that born into rough duty. Could be a good choice for single place gyros.

Georgi

Aircraft
gyro " Ultralight Bandit"
With Rotax shutting down 582 production a hole is going to be left to be filled. We are all hopeful Yamaha continues into the aviation market, but in the meantime this engine is continuing to move forward. Chip Erwin may just be on to something here. My understanding is the engine weighs 93 pounds produces 60 hp is 4 stroke, fuel injected and electronic ignition with electric start. The belt redrive is I think 15ish pounds. Total cost is quoted at $7,250. Produced by Can Am this is a 4-wheeler based engine that born into rough duty. Could be a good choice for single place gyros.

I believe the real guy who was/is developing this engine is Kevin Armstrong. Check his site

Illini85

Gold Supporter
I think, from reading comments, he is working with the Gaokin engine (China) which may or may not be a knockoff of the Cam Am which is in the BRP family along with Rotax. Regardless it looks like he is getting good performance.