interest is fading.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron- Your 14000 plus posts have added a lot to this forum. You are passionate about what you do......and this spills out on the keyboard....This is much better than some people that post much less and whose posts usually are negative. You can almost always know if the post is going to be positive, or negative by seeing whom is posting. People who are negative , just see the world in a negative bias....and likewise, people that are positive see the world in a much better light....Stan

Well said!

I mean fact is fact, who wants to be around this crap. sorry but Automan should have been Banned from this Forum a long time ago.

I may self have lost a lot of interest in gyros because of this guy.....I do not like him because he always attacks and messes up peoples Threads.

Automan was banned from the forum for 3 months (for slander, imagine that) but the time expired.

Things were bright here for a while.

He even banned himself for awhile... but he did not keep to it ( imagine that ).

It has to be attention / mental issue or why would someone keep posting when nearly everyone in a thread complains about them or puts them on the ignore list?

He claims on his profile to be in this for 10 years but only has 250 hours. That is only 25 hours a year, or in other words in 10 years he has only flown as much as the average private pilot flys in 2 1/2 years.

Not stats for someone that should be telling everyone else "how-to" "should have" "could haves".

Sounds like more keyboard experience than anything.

Ron, OVER 1300 hours in less time.

You do the math and decide which direction the advice and attention should be going...

Last edited:
Thread drift.

Ron has said he is more interested in something else, and we all do that.

The thread has run for quiet a while because we all know Ron has been passionate, controversial, a character and good at the sport.

We wish him well and when he gets interested again will welcome him back...now where in the heck do we find time to start bashing others???

Yup, we all like to have an opinion, and from time to time disagree with each other from time to time, or even put a comment on a thread, but why the slanging matches?

Apart from the safety record it gives us a bad name.:der:

New math.

New math.

Tim,

The hate Automan gang is getting old anything I chime in about gets bird droppings on in short order. Grow up ! . Things were bright, have you been living in a cave ? ? ? Try booooring As soon as Ron and I stopped posting photos and videos, things just have not been that interesting.

(I have been off the forum most of the year, if not longer. . I will be gone again as soon as I can get outside, been too darn cold. I peek into one thread here and back to your old style. Glad to know you have acquired all the traits a Certified Flight Professional needs to succeed. Just like Bill Ortmayer... I might add. Another "educational" professional.

Just to correct you. My Private Rating was completed in Jan 06. I have been a LEGAL pilot for 4 years. I know you can do the math from here Tim. Before that I was a STUDENT. I do not have all sorts of ILLEGAL time in all sorts of ILLEGAL aircraft under my belt so sorry to disappoint you. My journey while long, was the only way I could get it done... at least I got it done,

Unlike you when I take my CFI test, I WILL ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO FLY THE DAMN THING FROM EITHER SEAT (like I can already) and not need a pass to reschedule. :twitch::twitch::twitch:

I would be embarrassed to say I had anything close to Rons time of 1300 hours and still did not have a commercial or CFI in my pocket. But hey that is just me.

J

Well said!

Automan was banned from the forum for 3 months (for slander, imagine that) but the time expired.

Things were bright here for a while.

He even banned himself for awhile... but he did not keep to it ( imagine that ).

It has to be attention / mental issue or why would someone keep posting when nearly everyone in a thread complains about them or puts them on the ignore list?

He claims on his profile to be in this for 10 years but only has 250 hours. That is only 25 hours a year, or in other words in 10 years he has only flown as much as the average private pilot flys in 2 1/2 years.

Not stats for someone that should be telling everyone else "how-to" "should have" "could haves".

Sounds like more keyboard experience than anything.

Ron, OVER 1300 hours in less time.

You do the math and decide which direction the advice and attention should be going...

I would be embarrassed to say I had anything close to Rons time of 1300 hours and still did not have a commercial or CFI in my pocket. But hey that is just me.
J

I usually manage to avoid the train wrecks that some of these threads turn into, but I just have to say, this statement is simply asinine. Hundreds (if not thousands) of pilots have many thousands of hours of flying time and do not have commercial or CFI ratings. Not everyone feels the need to instruct, or has any desire to do anything other than fly recreationally at their leisure. I've had the displeasure of flying with a few folks that happened to be commercially rated CFIs, and they were absolutely horrendous pilots and instructors. In my very humble opinion, when it comes to most flying, experience trumps ratings any day...

I have an idea:

I have an idea:

An old fashioned
Professional wrestling style
No holds barred
Rage in a cage
Benson days grudge match

I bet attendance would be great
ticket proceeds to the PRA or sun state
Everybody (almost) wins
hehehe

This could be held yearly to settle forum disputes....... DING DING, Round 1

.... this statement is simply asinine....
I agree.

If one has achieved what he wanted - and is pretty sure about it - he can be happy with a change of group or hobby.
But it is a bad idea to change because of upsets, bad persons etc.. Never give up!

Jens- I apologize for some of the statements from this side of the pond. Is it like that over there?

Stan

Automan,

Only being a certified pilot for 4 years still does not change the fact you have only 250 hours. That is still way less time than average.

Only 4 years and less than 250 hours total time! You should be taking advice not giving it.

If you got your private in 50 hours then that is still at or less than 50hr/year more like 20-30 I bet.

That is hardly enough time to keep YOURSELF proficient! Much less to be 'Mr. Know-it-all" on the forum and pronouncing judgement on everyone else.

You are basically just a very rusty newbie.

If you are such a proponent of the sport and experienced advisor why the hell are you not flying?

Are you even current enough to carry a passenger? With such low hours per year I hope you are not taking anyone up!!

As typical, your slander is off base, I have been flying both seats on both of my 2-seat gyros soon after I acquired them.

Instead of getting info first hand you just go with what ever you want. No need to check facts, or when shown wrong like when Tim corrected you above, to apologize and admit your inaccurate postings.

How hard would it have been to just do a search on this very forum?

Hell, you even posted in some of them!

Here is the photo thread where I took second seat twinstarr training when I got my TS: http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9104 back in 2006!

Here is about a hundred hours worth of second seat flying photos:
http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9772
http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11558&highlight=rick+twinstarr
http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12093
http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12403

So, I have more second seat time than you average in TWO YEARS of flying and maybe more than your TOTAL time as a Private pilot.

If you stuck to first-hand information and your OWN experience you really would have nothing to post about would you? :der:

MOST people, I think, would have gotten a CLUE if they got banned for 3 months that they needed to get their act together.....

How many dozens and dozens of forum regulars have to tell you that your posts suck before you get a clue?

Last edited:
I have read a lot of crap on this forum between the piles of good stuff..but Automan, I can not remember a single post of yours over the last 5 years I have been visiting this forum that was worth the effort to read it. Congratulations of being the one and only person on my ignore list.

...I apologize for some of the statements from this side of the pond. Is it like that over there?..
Yes Stan, I have to admit :D

The bad posts should be delete more often. We can’t just sit back pretending that everybody is sane and all there actions are nice.
We have to shoot/ban a bad one now and then.
But please a right one, and no censure etc.

When you are reduced to discussing the quality of automans posts, it's time to give the
thread a decent burial, I think.

Beating your chest ?

Beating your chest ?

Tim, I have a lot to offer but I refuse to post really informative posts where black is white and up is down. The only reason I broke a post here is because this is an emo kind of thread and I do care what Ron is up to. But if he is expecting a pity party from me, it ain't going to happen, please keep reading.......

Tim I am not the one beating my chest about how many hours I have under my belt so why is it an issue.? I never brought up the subject until you attacked me. Mountains to climb ? Now there is the natural progression of things

For the record I have had to sacrifice a lot to get where I am. Sacrifice is something you seem to know little about. Hours mean little to me as do degrees, but they are important. Ask Ashley Goodeaux's widow [bill ortmayers victim] how many hours and how many degrees it takes to kill someone !!! Bill had plenty of both !

, if you keep making the same mistakes and just log up the hours what does that prove anyway ? It means your proficient at being a jackass pilot.

Consider that I have never been called out by anyone here for unsafe flight behavior speaks volumes about the kind of pilot I am, (considering how supposedly disliked I am here).

Getting back to the word sacrifice. For starters, not that its yours or anyone Else's business. I have had a lot of family situations crop up over the years no fault of my own, and I had to put the toys away. There was only enough time for work and taking care of my loved ones. Lets start with my sick and injured wife who was almost crippled back in 2003 in a very bad car wreck that took years to recover from (she is still not 100 %) then in 2007 my father was on deaths door step with heart problems and in May 2008 I had to do an intervention and move my elderly folks down to NC. My father passed in July 2008 as he never made it to NC from NY. Then from the time my mother was moved down here in August 08 I had to set up her new home so she could live in it and unload a home up north they lived in for 40+ years while the real estate market crashed. From the time my mom moved down here she has been in the hospital 3 times in the last 2 years and countless doctor visits from stroke related and heart related, and fall related injuries. The last being this Thanksgiving for a fall. Oh, wait she just went to the doctor yesterday for an infection in her (fractured) arm which was blowing up....from her related fall. . Before that it was a heart attack for Easter. Throw in grocery shopping and trips to the pharmacy let alone my own errands the fact that I get to fly at all is a small miracle. And of course, I am current when I take passengers up, which this year was nil.

The point is I flew only the first quarter of 2008, DID NOT fly any of 2009 and only got back in the air in Q2 2010.

I almost forgot, we got evicted from our home airfield the beginning of this year, and had to take down our almost finished hangers and all by April 1st which turned into March 15th (surprise) as the crew was chomping at the bit to remove the slabs and all.....

All this while I try to run a Automotive Repair business in this challenging economy and keep food on my table and a roof over my head. To say the last few years have been challenging would be an understatement. I would also be full of $hit if I said I a gazillion hours over the last 10 years. But the time I do have has been educational and rewarding and SAFE. I have never ever said I was a crack stick or a natural pilot. Quite the contrary. Every single achievement has come with a steep price. Infact with Terry Eiland it almost cost me my life !

I have had no engine outs [in the air], have not destroyed or BALLED up any equipment and I am always looking to improve my flying skills. I also have other major projects in the works some here know about but I am not going to spill the beans on them yet or maybe ever...

So Tim, Tim and all that is my story. If I were a circus clown I would have the world record for juggling the most life's balls the last few years. If I do not live up to your standards of 500 hours a year and making it to every fricking fly in...its just too bad. I roll with what life deals me knowing there are people way worse off than I , AND I THANK GOD for the gifts he gives every day !!!!

I do not go around looking for phony friends or pad my ego with all sorts of jackass moments trying to impress you all.

, let me suggest that you peruse the NTSB reports and see all the "former" PRA members that knew it all like you guys here, ........

and maybe just be thankful that you have the time and the money to live your life as you want unimpeded with life's responsibilities and little surprises.

And lastly Tim O' I have asked a dozen times to share why your flight test was postponed but your too secretive to share it and correct me, so I will stick with what I heard until you do so.

Happy Holidays.

Jonathan

Automan,

Only being a certified pilot for 4 years still does not change the fact you have only 250 hours. That is still way less time than average.

Only 4 years and less than 250 hours total time! You should be taking advice not giving it.

If you got your private in 50 hours then that is still at or less than 50hr/year more like 20-30 I bet.

That is hardly enough time to keep YOURSELF proficient! Much less to be 'Mr. Know-it-all" on the forum and pronouncing judgement on everyone else.

You are basically just a very rusty newbie.

If you are such a proponent of the sport and experienced advisor why the hell are you not flying?

Are you even current enough to carry a passenger? With such low hours per year I hope you are not taking anyone up!!

As typical, your slander is off base, I have been flying both seats on both of my 2-seat gyros soon after I acquired them.

Instead of getting info first hand you just go with what ever you want. No need to check facts, or when shown wrong like when Tim corrected you above, to apologize and admit your inaccurate postings.

How hard would it have been to just do a search on this very forum?

Hell, you even posted in some of them!

Here is the photo thread where I took second seat twinstarr training when I got my TS: http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9104 back in 2006!

Here is about a hundred hours worth of second seat flying photos:
http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9772
http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11558&highlight=rick+twinstarr
http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12093
http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12403

So, I have more second seat time than you average in TWO YEARS of flying and maybe more than your TOTAL time as a Private pilot.

If you stuck to first-hand information and your OWN experience you really would have nothing to post about would you? :der:

MOST people, I think, would have gotten a CLUE if they got banned for 3 months that they needed to get their act together.....

How many dozens and dozens of forum regulars have to tell you that your posts suck before you get a clue?

Jonathan...

Jonathan...

Sounds like you've had a rough go of it.
I hope next year is a better year for you.
Ben S

I don't think GyroRon was intending a survey here , but it looks like 99% like him and the other 1% have a hard time saying so.

I always liked his enthusiasm for gyros (and everything else). I never counted his hours or posts. Just learned a lot.

Johnathan. Sorry to hear about life kicking you around. I don't think any of us authored it , or wished it upon you. Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.