Instrument Pods

Hueychief

FNG
Aircraft
Sikorsky S-64/S-61, Harmon Rocket 3, Bell UH-1ST, FireFly 7-15 Balloon, Grob 103, MTO Sport Gyro
Total Flight Time
7,000+
Does anyone have any leads or sources to instrument pods that are more than the standard small pods for only a few gauges?
Looking for one to hold a 9.7" iPad, 2- 2&1/4" MGL's, 2-Trig 2&1/4" remote radios, a few annunciator lights and maybe a key?
I found a few but am really looking for a source for the one pictured, I believe it was from the HoneyBee G2.
Thx

Attachments

Last edited:

gyrojake

Gyro Rehab Candidate
Aircraft
Gyroplanes
Total Flight Time
A few hours
Sportcopter makes a nice one that holds everything you need and want.
If your gonna use an electronic EIS get one with a blank face so you can install your own devices.

Hueychief

FNG
Aircraft
Sikorsky S-64/S-61, Harmon Rocket 3, Bell UH-1ST, FireFly 7-15 Balloon, Grob 103, MTO Sport Gyro
Total Flight Time
7,000+
Thx for the heads up.
Sent them an email for more info otherwise I'll make a mold and make my own, will see if they respond.

N447MR

Aircraft
Air Command Tandem w/ a broken seized up no good 2.2 subaru & 28' Dragonwings
Hueychief;n1136215 said:
Does anyone have any leads or sources to instrument pods that are more than the standard small pods for only a few gauges?
Looking for one to hold a 9.7" iPad, 2- 2&1/4" MGL's, 2-Trig 2&1/4" remote radios, a few annunciator lights and maybe a key?
I found a few but am really looking for a source for the one pictured, I believe it was from the HoneyBee G2.
Thx
https://aircommand.com/collections/parts/products/instrument-panel-helicopter-style

I have that one

Hueychief

FNG
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
7,000+
WOW, thanks for all the good leads guys!

Hueychief

FNG
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
7,000+
No Title

Settled on the 9x21 model you see in my last posting. Has the room I need for what I want and now am getting the mounting options all figured out. Thx for all who helped!

Attachments

Hueychief

FNG
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
7,000+
Panel is coming together quite nicely. Finished with laser cut front face, hinged to open to gain access to internals, wrapped in 3M carbon and just waiting to install radio & transponder to finish it all. MGL Dual tach will show engine/rotor rpm, MGL fuel gauge to show dual fuel senders w/fuel flow, a number of caution/warning lights, navigation lights w/wigwag landing light, iPad running ForeFlight w/synthetic vision being fed from Stratux ADS-B in w/AHRS & GPS chips.

Attachments

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Nice clean looking set up.

Hueychief

FNG
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
7,000+
Interesting looking gyro Huey, do you have a build thread or any more pictures?

wolfy
I have not put a build thread on any forums as I am too busy and do not have the time to entertain too many questions. I do have a picture thread on Facebook under "Irene The Gyro" if you want to look there. This gives me the opportunity to keep tight control on it and will delete any nonsense, politics, attacks on anyone in the industry and block anyone making disturbing remarks, and there have been a few.

Hueychief

FNG
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
7,000+
Nice clean looking set up.
Leigh,
If you look closely you will see I'm using the same instrument pod uprights as your build, just reversed and cut shorter for my application. Say Hi to Denis, Thx.