Instructor

Sv.grainne

I had my first formal lesson yesterday at the Beeville, TX airport. Lesson was in a Tango Gyro, windy at 18 gusting to high 20s. Was a bit apprehensive with the winds but once Ben had us flying was great. Was able to get almost a full hour flying. If you are looking for a great instructor in the South Texas area contact Ben Cadenbach.

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Thank you for the instructor report.
I agree gyros are more fun than normally allowed by law.
Thanks for sharing the fun, Bobby!

Sv.grainne

I've been a closet fan since I first saw a Bensen in 1960's. Next experience was on a dive off Kadena Seawall, Okinawa probably 1988. Then met Tom here in 2019. He is to blame for my obsession. Thank you Tom, and thanks to all here. Bear with me, please.

Bobby

Kevin_Richey

Yamaha gyro...Oregon, USA
Aircraft
Sport Copter gyroplane
Total Flight Time
300+ gyroplane, 11 airplane, 1.5 PPC, AND... a ZILLION hours of flying in my dreams!
Bobby: Just to let you know, I had spent $80 on tickets for this last raffle. I read that Chris T. had chipped in $100. She commented on this thread that she hadn't won anything at all these past few years, despite entering similar amounts.

One time I put in $200 for one of the raffles. Two of my raffle tickets were the first two tickets drawn.

It is my firm belief that long-time PRA supporters, such as board members/officers, as well as the Life members, are the ones who donate so much of their time & $$ to keep the PRA afloat over the years. This is not taking into account the current method of raffling items to raise funds.

In talking w/ Glenn Bundy (of the Archimedes Museum @ the Mentone airport) and Gary Goldsberry (past PRA president for many years), I learned they both had put in countless amounts of $$, as well as their time, to support the PRA. Both men didn't bring this up. I asked them about it. Neither gave me much details, only confirming what I had heard previously.

One example: GG & Art Evans (two individuals who served long terms as PRA officers & who owned their own successful businesses there in Indiana) chipped in to buy that nice office/manufactured home that is the PRA office @ the Mentone airport. Purchase & installation costs ran $30K. I pointedly asked Gary if the two of them ever were repaid by the PRA. A quiet "No" from him was his reply.

All volunteer. No paid officers or board members.

Last edited:

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
I've been a closet fan since I first saw a Bensen in 1960's. Next experience was on a dive off Kadena Seawall, Okinawa probably 1988. Then met Tom here in 2019. He is to blame for my obsession. Thank you Tom, and thanks to all here. Bear with me, please.

Bobby
Tom is like that....