Installing the rotor by myself

Georgi

Aircraft
gyro " Ultralight Bandit"
To my surprise (not really) at 75 I discovered, that I can not (almost) lift, but let alone for sure install my rotor on my gyro without some human or mechanical device help. So, to move the rotor on the ground (which I can do now with two fingers) I went to the Harbor Freight store and bought two sawhorses and two movers dollies. I used 4 wood screws per unit to attach a sawhorse to a dolly. Now, moving my rotor in the hangar was solved. The next task - to lift the rotor. I had some old 2”x 2” aluminum (tube) piece. From True Value got U-bracket, from Harbor Freight got a little winch. And the main part - the huge door came together with my (shared) huge hangar.
You can see the whole “system” on the pics below. To avoid rotor movement during installation attach at least one rotor end with a rope to some weight on the ground. I use the hangar door to lift the rotor above the gyro and use the winch for precision moves.
And now I feel happy like a little girl.
Hope it will help somebody “lazy and without imagination” like me.

Attachments

• 1 - 1.jpeg
    1 - 1.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 2 - 1.jpeg
    2 - 1.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 3 - 1.jpeg
    3 - 1.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 4 - 1.jpeg
    4 - 1.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 5 - 1.jpeg
    5 - 1.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 6 - 1.jpeg
    6 - 1.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 7 - 1.jpeg
    7 - 1.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 8 - 1.jpeg
    8 - 1.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 51
  • 9 - 1.jpeg
    9 - 1.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Like you Georgi time has exacted it toll and getting the Dragon wings onto the Cricket involved some serious effort. I will have to sort out some method of getting 25' Razor Blades onto the Blue as I definitely will not be attempting that by myself on a ladder.

This little Nifty Lift set of miniature pulleys can lift huge weights and I plan on incorporating them into a rotor lift on the trailer.

Like you Georgi time has exacted it toll and getting the Dragon wings onto the Cricket involved some serious effort. I will have to sort out some method of getting 25' Razor Blades onto the Blue as I definitely will not be attempting that by myself on a ladder.

This little Nifty Lift set of miniature pulleys can lift huge weights and I plan on incorporating them into a rotor lift on the trailer.

Thank you, Resasi. But this guy is too risky "even" to me. Momentum is huge once this load starting rotating. Why is the tank filled before being loaded on the yacht (unless I don't understand something)?

Thank you, Resasi. But this guy is too risky "even" to me. Momentum is huge once this load starting rotating. Why is the tank filled before being loaded on the yacht (unless I don't understand something)?
Georgi that tank of water was simply testing the maximum capacity and strength of the miniature block and tackle that was lifting it, the yacht was simply in the background. That weight was way in excess of what it has been rated to lift and he was testing it to breaking point just to see how far it would go

The actual size of the equipment is very small indeed and hugely strong as you can see. It is the size and compactness that made it attractive to me for a trailer rotor hoist, and a versatile tool that might be handy to have around for shifting heavy items

Last edited:
Thanks, Resasi. $159.99. What's in the box: very small Nifty-Lift system and a big, burly man :)

Last edited: