Installing a Warp Drive prop

Thechap

Aircraft
Air Command 503
Total Flight Time
12.5 hours
I'm about to begin the installation of the Warp Drive prop. Can anyone tell me what the following means, "the airfoil always faces forward on your craft". The directions were pertaining to the prop flange or squash plate. I looked at both and don't see anything significant to indicate it needs to be facing a certain direction.

I have attached three photographs. The first I will call it the Pre rotator drum. The second I am guessing are the squash plates and the third is the Hub plate. Please correct me if I'm wrong. There is also a thinner black squash plate. I think the company may have sent an extra silver squash plate but not sure.

The first question is the prop is attached through the rotator hub using 5/16ths inch bolts. The bolt holes in the rotator hub are only 1/4 inch. Can I safely assume that I am supposed to drill out these holes to 5/16ths of an inch?

In the instructions, it doesn't say which squash plate goes where.. Any recommendation where each go?

Thanks,

Chap

Last edited:
Call daryl at Warp Drive in Iowa and get the info from him. 1-800-833-9357

He is the source. Best Regards,eddie.....

Thanks Ed. I will call him in the AM on Monday.

Last edited:
pretend that your gearbox is laying on a table flange up, the first thing that you put on the flange is the prerotator drum, then one of the hub plates, if one of the plates is thicker it goes on first, next is the thin round plate,on this sits the 6 round spacers followed by the other hub plate, then the squash plate, the black plastic blocks fits around the blade roots and fits between the two hub plates with the flat face of the blade facing up if this is for a pusher gyro, be sure to tighten bolts evenly starting with the inner bolts first, the gaps between the blocks should be all the same when everything is torqued down.

Norm

I believe what they are talking about is that the flat side of the prop blade itself faces downwind or aft and the airfoil or curved side faces forward.