Incident - Calidus - N6283B - California

Steve_UK

Aircraft
I'm not a pilot but have been lucky enough to fly in Mi-24 Hind, Mi-2, Mi-17, Lynx HAS3, Gliders, GA
Tomales, CA is less than 20 air miles west Petaluma, CA, where Pegasus Aviation relocated to from Nephi, UT over a year ago. I wonder if this was one of the gyroplanes from there...unable to see the N# from either of the photos posted in the news brief.

The comments below that article are interesting. One commentator complained about this must have been the aircraft always flying around his area, while another stated that the gyroplane is about the most dangerous of all aircraft. :unsure:

Kevin - the N reg is in the thread title,

""Incident - Calidus - N6283B - California""

The FAA Register shows an Oregon address.

One of the commenters to the news story made a good point. It’s a good reminder that everyone should go check the bungee cords on their gyroplanes!

Dave

Kevin - the N reg is in the thread title,

""Incident - Calidus - N6283B - California""

The FAA Register shows an Oregon address.
Ooops! Duh! And here I criticize others who don't read gyro ads that give a location or price & then someone asks those questions...
Talk about egg on my face!

"What was his essential purpose for flying, hmmmm?" was the most asinine comment to that story, if you ask me.

Well, if anyone had been injured in that emergency landing, they might have wound up in a hospital full of COVID-19 cases, using up some resources and risking getting infected.

Some people (and some states, like California where this happened) are taking the shelter-in-place orders more seriously than others.

Since we're getting hypothetical, if anyone had been injured slipping in the bathtub, the same things might have happened.

Since this is a road landing, and listed in the news article as Tomales Petaluma Road near Alexander Road, it was easy to find the location on Google Earth using the first photo. G E gives you the lat & long with your arrow on the right spot. (G E flying can be a substitute for the real thing if you are in quarantine!)
38deg 15’ 16.71” N, 122deg 49’ 37.74” W

Location is 38o 15’ 16.71” N  122o 49’ 37.74” W.jpg