In your face, signs...its good......

What to do?

What to do?

Jonathan, simple question for you.

You have brought up topics like this several times. What do you expect us to do?

Honor him as a prophet and soothsayer?

Interesting how when asked simple questions of logic they are ignored. Why spoil a good hysterical rant with logic?

The answer to why people in Mexico are dying is easy.

1. They were taken by surprise whereas by the time it hit the US it was identified.

2. Many people in Mexico can only afford health care when they are already too sick to intervene.

They sell rattlesnake venom soap and magic powders for health on the street corners and pharmacias in Mexico. You can buy candles to ward off evil. Chickens peck at papers that tell your fortune. I guess after those dont work its too late for some.

You dont need a tin foil hat my friend you need either a better education or lithium.

Fiveboy my man! that was cruel dude . . . :D
Funny how we take time to respond to things we say we dont care about . . .
Does it really?
Heron
Burning of the Amazon has stoped, the danm thing is underwater . . .

What is the statistical probability of 4 such events lining up in a short time frame...

Not sure what you're calling the fourth, as you only named three, but the answer is: The odds are very high. Major events come in groups all the time. Researchers call them "statistical clusters" and find ways to prevent them from skewing their results.

Biden's prediction when campaigning against Obama was a common tactic to draw people away from a less experienced opponent. With the economy in the toilet, a trillion in debt to the Chinese, two wars underway, a nut job in Korea testing missles that might reach Hawaii, it took neither inside knowledge nor paranormal powers to predict Obama would face a major test early on. Again, he predicted nothing specific, so he was bound to be right, like the parlor-trick psychics.

Ron asks an interesting question. What exactly do you propose we do, other than sit and stew until our BP is too high to renew our FAA 3rd-class medicals?

Ron,

You made it clear before you became an administrator that you hate politics. Others like debating/arguing politics. It hardly seems right that you can delete a post or kill a thread just because it doesn't appeal to you.

That is lame, dude.

Guys

Jonathan isn't the only person saying that this is a government flu pandemic. What I want to know is why our government is playing this thing down. I don't know about you but I hate flu season and that is in the winter. This one is coming in the spring/summer. Just weird.

What I want to know is why our government is playing this thing down...

Easy. So far, five hospitalizations and one US death attributed to swine flu. Mexico reports cases are already tapering off.

Average year: 36,000 US deaths from ordinary seasonal flu.

The swine flu is already shown to be managed well with Tamiflu and other anti-virals, unlike this past winter's ordinary seasonal flu, which turned out to be resistant to the meds.

The media has taken this thing and gone nuts with it. One local radio station here covered a lengthy press conference by state health officials because there are now five suspected cases in Utah. They're now hyping an hour-long swine flu special at 6pm. They won't even know if the cases are confirmed till tomorrow!

This hysteria is going to hurt the recovery of the economy, and make the administration look incompetent for crying wolf. Joe Biden has already suggested we stay off airliners and subways. Vacations will be canceled, business meetings postponed, schools closed and parents losing work to take care of their kids at home, all for what so far is a pretty wimpy bug.

The CDC is telling airline crews that if a passenger has two or more symptoms from a list of five, the crew is supposed to call ahead and have health officials ready to quarantine the passenger when they land. That list includes sore throat and sniffles, which I usually have to some extent after any airline flight.

The same thing happened in 1974. Long lines to get the free shots provided by the government that would have been too late to stop it anyway, and there never was more than a handful of cases.

Tim, the seasonal nature of the flu has much to do with the airtight, close confines we share with others during the heating season. We spend more time outdoors or in areas of good ventilation in the warm weather. If there is a significant outbreak of this flu in the next few weeks, it will mainly hit people who spend time around groups of people indoors. Schools, offices, buses, trains, planes are all good candidates.

Last edited:
Read Dr Mercola view on this flu.Interesting read.Some are set to make a lot of money out of this.Guess who this could be?
Malaria kill 3500 people per day.Where is the panic here.
Kym.

Ron,

You made it clear before you became an administrator that you hate politics. Others like debating/arguing politics. It hardly seems right that you can delete a post or kill a thread just because it doesn't appeal to you.

That is lame, dude.

It hardly seems right, that a man can grow old enough to have his hair turn grey, and wealthy enough to " afford " a 1000$ set of headphones for his plane, Yet can't read and understand the rules Todd set forth at the the top of the off topic section.

I didn't make the rules, I enforce them. I have used MY JUDGEMENT and decided that for now, this thread is okay and not against the rules, hence the reason your still able to read this.

This thread isnt political its sci fi

HERON I have no idea what you are talking about re" responding" to things I dont care about and even if I did.... cant a girl change her mind?

Choosing to ignore a rule or call a spade a spade does not mean one did not read the rules or does not understand them. I speed, don't use my turn signal, and even park on the wrong side of the street sometimes knowing full well I'm breaking the rules. It's a choice, not ignorance.

BTW, my hair turned grey without my consent, but it looks nice don't you think?

Carl, think of it this way. Your local police dept has countless " Rules " they enforce. Everything from illegal parking, to theft, to rape to murder. There are so many " Rules" they are to enforce that they simply don't have the time to enforce them all. This is how people get away with breaking those rules.

I am one of two policemen on this forum of well over 2000 people. Unlike the real world, this forum only has just a small handful of rules to live by. And posting and discussing politics is one of the no no's.

I speed and often don't wear my seat belt too.... But I don't do it past a patrol car that is sitting in the middle of the road waiting to pop someone for speeding and or not wearing their seat belt. They have the choice to let you speed by without your seat belt on, but more likely they aren't going to ignore it.

You can ignore Todds rule and keep bringing up politics, but just like the cop in the middle of the road, I can't let you just flip me the bird as you speed by me and not do something about it. I wouldn't be doing my job..... I just don't see how you ( who by all other accounts, seem like a very smart, and overall good person ) can't understand that I didn't make the rule and that the rule is the rule.

Where the heck is all your postings on the build of your Butterfly?

hey,
I would love to jump in and say something political on this thread but I got a warning from Trooper Ron last time I posted on a political thread. I can read all the rules but I have a hard time with the understanding part.

@ HERON & AUTOMAN

I got a PM from Automan and a public innuendo from Heron that I was being racist or unfair to Mexicans on one of my posts. That was NOT my intention at all whatsoever. My point was that poor people will rely on things they can afford (like mystical medicines sold on street corners) before they can get to a more "scientific" (read: unaffordable) health care situation. I would never paint a whole people with such a broad tar brush.

One of the beauties of internet email and postings is the opportunity it offers for misinterpretation due to lack of innuendo or inflection.

Please understand, if anything, my comment re Mexico and the mystical items for sale to help with health was meant to be a sad and empathetic comment, not a condemning one.

Automan further went on to PM me that many alternative health regimens and therapies work - and I couldnt agree more! The AMA is a medical mafia imo.

Poor tigger anyone seen him?

Poor tigger anyone seen him?

This may get yanked, but I hope not.

Attachments

• 28077b95.jpg
    28077b95.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 0
Now . . .cattle is left in the farms, maybe people getting away from pork it will improve beef sales.
For sure it did a lot of good for Tamiflu and masks. Mexico is hurting from loss of business, but they need a break to clean up a lot, it is messy.
Fiveboy: most people come to a discussion saying they don´t care and this and that but why are they there?
If I dont care I skip the subject, move to another situ.
When I dont have anything to say it is just that, no comments . . . if I see an option for humor I jump in, some times between two hot headed folks to be a bumper for their frustration.
Ron The Enforcer will do always what he wants and say wrong things coming back with lame explanations for his mistakes . . . he is fully armored!
heron

Hey Fiveboy . . .I dont see my innuendo there . . .I do racist jokes and I am racist, have an opinion on each one.
Most people think I am anti american and anti semitic. I don´t think I am.
What you said about the alternative medicin have my entire agreement, but sometimes it works. Umbanda is called black magic, but in reallity it is group psychoterapy, the power of suggestion and placebos.
For a miracle to happen, you must have faith.
Heron
Oh I see it now, the cruel was towards Automan not the Mexicans

No kidding

No kidding

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518572,00.html

Swine Flu May Have Originated in California

Friday, May 01, 2009

AP

Doctors tracking swine flu in California are investigating a new theory: What if it didn't originate in Mexico but instead had been floating around the border region for months?......................

So that automatically means it's a giant conspiracy?

Definitely need to buy more tinfoil...