I'm coming to the dark side

JETLAG03

Total Flight Time
300+ flexwing (pendulaire) newly trained on gyrocopter ((autogire)100h)
Hi Folks.

I'm a Brit living in France 17260 VIROLLET.

I have for the last 8 years flown flexwing Air Creation 582 with Ixess 15 wing which I intend to sell to purchase a single seat gyrocopter, reason for the single seat is I have 400hrs in the flex and only 1h with a passenger so total waste of space, money and insurance so I have been passsenger in an autogire and LOVED it, don't like the prices however, I'm from Yorkshire, tight as ducks ar**s.

So single seat it is, thus far easy, unless I've overlooked anything. Now, which one, I'll be blown if I know, the Merlins look rather nice, but "I don't really know".

So, I look to you all for guidance, I am looking in the sub 10K euros range if possible, asking too much??

Look forward to your replies

Phil

I believe that we have an exceptionally liberal regulation for microlights (ulm) here in France and that kits and self builds are very common.

P.s. your link for western rotorcraft seems to be faulty "url could not be retrived"

I am looking in the sub 10K euros range if possible, asking too much??

I'm aware that this number is only possible if you're lucky to meet somebody who is going to get out from the game or something similar. 2-3 years back my fellow in Portugal was lucky to buy a good Dominator for that money. Any other choice means rotor+engine+prop which together hardly can be below 10K unless engine and prop are well used.

Hi Alex. I am a little flexible on the price, but the wife is looking closely over my shoulder :rolleyes: Only just started my research after a year of yes/no for a gyro. Also considering the idea of a kit or self build.

Kit or plans-built hardly can give serious saving but are time consuming. If you have no experience in homebuilding nor good workshop for this then it can become (very) long story.
Spent a bit more time getting more familiar with gyros around to see what are possible nuances. Visit Blois and Bois de la Pierre near Toulouse where French gyroheads meet each year. There probably is a chance that you'll meet there somebody who guides you to proper direction in the context of your location.

Think I've found a little beasty. She has a Sabaru ea81 with a Gates Belt System Redrive 3 blade 63" warp drive prop and Rotordyne 10' blades with cricket type prerotator with gearbox. All means very close to nothing to me at this stage

Last edited:
There's an old friend! Parked next to my Delta-J on our Cranfield debut. Vic Scott built her. Last seen at Wallis Days around 98(ish).

Attachments

• GBTST.jpg
    GBTST.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 24
Not a worry for me Brian. France is so much more accommodating with quirky ideas.