Calidus, Cirrus, Columbia, Archer, 172, Cirrus, Seneca, Arrow, Citation Mustang
Total Flight Time
7000+
Just saying.

Attachments

• 2016-05-27 11.46.56.jpg
    2016-05-27 11.46.56.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 12
His usual commuter is the Millennium Falcon.

Hey Ira, sure looks like Harrison Ford to me.

AWESOME...that guy is a huge asset to the entire aviation community.

Tell us about flying with him!

It was awesome, he even laughed at my jokes.

We did a couple of flights. He really enjoyed the Calidus.

This was awhile back. I wanted to wait awhile to post it.

I`m surprised you got him to fly ! I witnessed him at Sun-N-Fun in about 97, when he and the lady who was the FAA Administrator at the time were invited to take a trip around the pattern in a 2-seat ultralight type machine.

The FAA lady jumped in...Han Solo would not! He was heading up the Young Eagles Program at the time and I remember thinking ... "Wow Solo is setting a FINE example!"

It was probably the "Ultralight" part that scared him.

or maybe it was an UltraLightSabre

That's awesome Cammie!

Back in the early 90's when I was teaching, I got a call from a guy who was supposedly Richard Dean Anderson's "MacGyver" agent. He was setting up some time with me to give an introductory flight. I set up the time but he never showed, never called back so I don't know if he went somewhere else or if it was a prank...

Can't believe no one asked if Hans soloed...

I offered Harrison Ford a ride in The Predator at Camarillo when he expressed interest in her and he demurred.

I even had an extra helmet and headset.

He was chicken, just like he was at Sun-N-Fun in 97. I have no problem with someone not having a "risk-taker" mentality, or being in touch with their mortality.

He just should have NEVER been hired by the EAA as the Young Eagles Spokesman.
He probably STOPPED more parents from letting their kids get started in aviation than he encouraged.

No telling how many parents said, "NO Johnny, you can't take an airplane ride. See...even Han Solo knows it's too dangerous."

The FAA Administrator-Lady would have been a much better motivator for kids and aviation. She enthusiastically jumped in the Flightstar and took to the air while he sat over there feeling humiliated, I'm sure.

He was chicken, just like he was at Sun-N-Fun in 97. I have no problem with someone not having a "risk-taker" mentality, or being in touch with their mortality.

He probably STOPPED more parents from letting their kids get started in aviation than he encouraged.

No telling how many parents said, "NO Johnny, you can't take an airplane ride. See...even Han Solo knows it's too dangerous."

The FAA Administrator-Lady would have been a much better motivator for kids and aviation. She enthusiastically jumped in the Flightstar and took to the air while he sat over there feeling humiliated, I'm sure.

I feel he made a good aviation decision both times.

Ultralights and gyroplanes have a terrible safety record.

I don't feel humiliated when I don't take every ride that is offered.

I feel you may be confusing fear with judgement Bryan.

When I am overseas I'm always asked to fly with someone. I have learned to decline, it's just too dangerous.

Back in the days I was building Air Commanders and Mini-500's, I traveled a lot to Europe. I was recognized there and offered rides all the time, and more times than not the pilot just had to "show-off" to me his hot-dogging skills, even when I asked him not to.

I was lucky to survive TWO CRASHES where pilots had tried to show off and made mistakes.

I'm not a chicken by any means when it comes to taking risks to prove my designs, but I'll be dammed if I'm going to risk my life for nothing, just to give someone the chance to show me they are a better pilot than they really are.

He doesn't look too scared.

Attachments

• HF CALIDUS.jpg
    HF CALIDUS.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: