If you get the COVID vaccine . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Bell 47G-3B-1, A&S 18A, Phoebus C, SGS 1-26A, etc.
Total Flight Time
rather a lot
The FAA has so far decided that both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines can be taken by pilots (and controllers) as an approved medication, BUT-

you must wait 48 hours before flying!

This applies whether you are flying with sport pilot privileges (driver license as medical certification), BASICMED, or any level of FAA Medical Certificate, or as a glider or balloon pilot with no medical at all.

The FAA has so far decided that both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines can be taken by pilots (and controllers) as an approved medication, BUT-

you must wait 48 hours before flying!

This applies whether you are flying with sport pilot privileges (driver license as medical certification), BASICMED, or any level of FAA Medical Certificate, or as a glider or balloon pilot with no medical at all.
I would have thought that was a wise decision after any new or major change of medical regime just in case there is any adverse reaction.

I would have thought that was a wise decision after any new or major change of medical regime just in case there is any adverse reaction.
A sensible policy, but not everybody automatically does it.

Now that the vaccines are out for the general public under the emergency use authorizations, there could be responses not seen in the original trial phases with their limited pool of volunteer subjects.

Since I was 5 years old I have had a little yellow document ...an international "proof-of-Vaccination" ...folder that recorded all & any vaccinations I needed to travel to /pass through certain Asian & African countries ...especially Typhus,yellow fever,cholera , sleeping sickness - etc! ...it is almost a passport accessory!
How is a COVID ...PAPER certificate of vaccination ANY different (or sinister) than the old international travel certificate of vaccination!????

Now if/when ... it becomes a MANDATE ..to have this vaccination ( or ANY vaccination) ...in order to live a normal life in society - THEN we will have the MOTHER-OF-ALL BATTLES/REBELLIONS!

When sufficient % of population have voluntarily been protected by vaccination ...or natural immunity from exposure, illness,(or asymptomatic) & recovery - then we have HERD IMMUNITY and the the COVID illness become rare or extinct!

I am under no doubts ...that for me to EVER get to travel again to visit family & my property in Australia ...I will have to get a CCP virus vaccination ...Qantas insists on it! I will bide my time ... study ALL the Pharma-versions & choices & after time and sheer numbers show up more issues ...hopefully be able to make best possible choice!

NO nano-bots, RFD implants, bodily tattoos ...a piece of paper / phone app( ..maybe a medic-bracelet ) is acceptable ...NOT ANY PERMENANT MEANS OF "PROOF" ...& certainly nothing that mandates "papers" to move freely in everyday life!

Time to DRAW the LINE & STAND!

I am surprised how many people say they will decline the vaccination (some polls say 56% to 60% will refuse)

That will likely mean COVID19 cannot be "eliminated" from the population.

Will they (governments) then make it compulsory ?

All they would have to do is declare that if citizens want to shop , or gather in public , or go to a movie , they must show proof of vaccination.

Scary thought from a "freedom perspective" ..... yet we have already done it many times ..... polio , smallpox etc .... usually mandated by the school system and the nurses would mass inoculations in the schools. (otherwise your kid could not attend public schools)

I recall our family taking a trip to Europe in the late 1970's and one of the requirements was to have all vaccinations up to date .... including for diseases we had never even heard of before .... yet everybody complied or had to stay home.

I will probably decline ..... not sure why .... mostly a distrust thing ... after a year or two without any known adverse side effects I may then get the vaccination.

I am not anti-vax or anti-science ...... but thru the years I have kept an eye on medical and scientific blunders .... and there have been plenty of them .... but you never hear about them on the nightly news. Media bias has been around for a long time . Sometimes for good reasons .... they dont want to panic the public because the result would be more harmful than a few hundred thousand scientific mistakes might cause.

"Medical errors" are the 3rd leading cause of death in the USA ..... about 250,000 a year ....... that is more than COVID deaths in 2020 if all the inflated statistics are removed

I believe the paper in post number 7 is to record the date of the shot and a reminder that with the Phizer shot you second and final shot is due in two weeks.

Now that the vaccines are out for the general public under the emergency use authorizations, there could be responses not seen in the original trial phases with their limited pool of volunteer subjects.
For nearly twenty years, the US military has been giving mandatory anthrax vaccine to soldiers going overseas, under an "emergency use" authorization. Last I heard, the FDA has still not approved it as safe for general use.

This is not an exhaustive list of vaccines already used worldwide against viruses.

How many amongst us have taken and or insisted on these vaccines to protect ourselves and our families whilst we travel the world?

Some of these vaccines have not been taken by children in recent years and we have seen the return of illnesses we thought we had long since beaten.

There are learned scientists who suggest, viruses are never destroyed in nature completely, simply controlled.

Follow scientists or conspiracy theorists we all have our choices

Those who would use
insults, bad language and mockery
rather than reasoned debate may well have their own "axes to grind"​

• Cervical cancer
  • Cholera
  • Diphtheria
  • Hepatitis B
  • Influenza
  • Japanese encephalitis
  • Measles
  • Meningitis
  • Mumps
  • Pertussis
  • Pneumonia
  • Polio
  • Rabies
  • Rotavirus
  • Rubella
  • Tetanus
  • Typhoid
  • Varicella
  • Yellow fever
Some other vaccines are currently under development or being piloted, including those that protect against Ebola or malaria, but are not yet widely available globally.

....you forgot to mention the amazing results of the "sheep-drench" ...antiparasitic Ivermectin ...another cheap-as-chips virus killer ...lots of doctors clamoring for green light to use EARLY & widely! ...YEP BIG PHARMA ....&PTB ...screwing us royally! Corrupt media mindpharqing us too!

... and the Yetis and the little green men from Area 61 are in on the conspiracy up to their ears, too. Along with the Marxist Muslims, George Soros, Bill Gates, the deceased dictator of Venezuela, and all Democrats.

The New York Times is fake and the National Enquirer is real.

Science is fake and witch-doctoring is real.

So pull your tinfoil helmet down tight, grab a double shot of zinc and carry on!

Those of us in out 50-60's ...are probably the last generation who were NOT over-vaccinated against any& everything...with multiple shots at each "well-child" Dr visit! Just look at the HUGE explosion of children with autism-spectrum disorders AND ...our own children ... we dutifully had vaccinated out the yahzoo ...because we trusted the Dr's & science ...now in their own childbearing years ... having all sorts of fertility issues! ...some attributed to the overkill vaccinations & some to the horrific prevalence of Glyphos residues all through our food-chain!
I am from a scientific background & not a rabid antivaccer and spent a working career enjoying the "convenience & labor-saving benefits" of farming with round-up (Glyphos) ..... BIG PHARMA & Chemical giants have lied, deceived and much damage to answer to!
Knowing what I know /have observed NOW ... I would do things differently! Modified vaccination of kids at older ages, sustainable organic food production ...are making a lot of sense to me!

... and the Yetis and the little green men from Area 61 are in on the conspiracy up to their ears, too. Along with the Marxist Muslims, George Soros, Bill Gates, the deceased dictator of Venezuela, and all Democrats.

The New York Times is fake and the National Enquirer is real.

Science is fake and witch-doctoring is real.

So pull your tinfoil helmet down tight, grab a double shot of zinc and carry on!
Doug, don't overlook Hillary Clinton's Satanic virus cooking pot full of infants in the basement of the pizza parlor that doesn't have a basement.

I really did intend this thread to be just a flying-pertinent notice to our fellow pilots about a new FAA rule that you might not know about, not a debate among the unqualified about treatment effectiveness and risks, or the dangers in vaccines.

If you shun virus vaccines, it's no loss to me, folks. But if you get the jab (as I will when possible), please wait 48 hours before you fly.

Sorry for the attempt at dark humour, WASP, you were providing a helpful service. Thanks for that.

Vaccinations trick your bod into reacting as if it's being invaded. Those reactions vary from a sore arm (I always get one) to mild disease symptoms. Our immune systems are massively powerful weapons. It's just prudent, when we rouse these systems, to let the reaction simmer down for a couple days before doing anything life-critical.

Pandemics that took out large percentages of the population were common in past centuries. Look at a graph of the world's human population over the centuries. Mostly, it's been a steady climb, but there's a noticeable dip in the 1300's when the Black Plague killed millions in Europe.

I endured a seemingly endless barrage of vaxes when a child in the 1960's. Some of them, I imagine, were Gen-1 versions, and you ended up getting the Gen 2, 3, and 4 as well once they came out. They seemed at the time to be pretty damned painful, especially the 15-20 punctures of the smallpox vax (developed in the late 1700's). Reactions were maybe a mild fever. In hindsight, I am rather happy to have been spared polio, smallpox, mumps, et al.

The love o' my life (an R.N., BTW) survived polio as a tiny tot. Her father died of it at the same time. She has a few lingering aftereffects, even now, 6+ decades later. Don't get her started about the anti-vax concept.

My grandfather, while in the Army, got sick but survived the 1918 flu pandemic. Over 600,000 others didn't make it.

I fear we've lost our memory of just how god-awful the good old days of rampant epidemics were.

For nearly twenty years, the US military has been giving mandatory anthrax vaccine to soldiers going overseas, under an "emergency use" authorization. Last I heard, the FDA has still not approved it as safe for general use.
That was a bastard of a shot. I had a lump at the injection sites for months afterwards.

Flu vaccines do not give herd immunity. Why should covid vaccine be expected to do so?.
It might. It might not. Currently unknown.
I can remember from my childhood some of the deadly diseases we no longer worry about due to vaccines.
So I'll stick with the medics/scientists, thanks.

Will happily accept when offered. Travel may depend upon having had it.

They seemed at the time to be pretty damned painful, especially the 15-20 punctures of the smallpox vax (developed in the late 1700's). Reactions were maybe a mild fever. In hindsight, I am rather happy to have been spared polio, smallpox, mumps, et al.
The general public no longer gets smallpox vaccine (the word itself comes from the latin word for cow, vacca – people were once purposely infected with cowpox to prevent smallpox), but our soldiers heading overseas still get smallpox vaccine in that same manner. The site, usually on the upper arm, crusts over and has to be inspected for signs of other infection about a week later. It's still not much fun.

That was a bastard of a shot. I had a lump at the injection sites for months afterwards.
What's worse, it is actually a series of six shots over the course of about a year, with annual boosters afterward, if deployed.

Status
Not open for further replies.