Identifying a gyrocopter

rmueller23

While assisting a friend with some aviation matters, they advised they had a gyrocopter in their garage that a family member had acquired years back. They're not an aircraft enthusiast themselves and don't know anything about it. I was sent a couple pictures of it as it hangs--I appreciate they are not the most revealing, but does anyone have an idea as to what particular gyrocopter this may be? Comparing with pictures on the web, it has quite a few similarities to the Bensen B-7 on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bensen_B-7

-Ryan

Attachments

• IMG_6769.jpg
    IMG_6769.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6737.jpg
    IMG_6737.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 48

Mayfield

Gold Supporter
While assisting a friend with some aviation matters, they advised they had a gyrocopter in their garage that a family member had acquired years back. They're not an aircraft enthusiast themselves and don't know anything about it. I was sent a couple pictures of it as it hangs--I appreciate they are not the most revealing, but does anyone have an idea as to what particular gyrocopter this may be? Comparing with pictures on the web, it has quite a few similarities to the Bensen B-7 on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bensen_B-7

-Ryan
Hi Ryan,
It looks more like a B8M. The stick and it looks like the magneto cover from a Mac engine. Chris Burgess or Wayne Salleng might have a better idea.

Gyro28866

David McCutchen
Aircraft
Benson B7m & B8m, Dominator II; Kolb Mark III Classic
Total Flight Time
750 combined FW & Gyro
Square tube would most definitely be a Bensen B8, not a round tube B7.
seeing the magneto cover suggests a McCulloch 4318 engine
The push tubes from nose wheel to rudder is a modification I have not seen before in this fashion, isnteresting thought; unless the tubes are just resting there and not connected at the torque tube?