I would like to share a room in Rochester for the PRA convention.

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2400+ in rotorcraft
I would like to share a room in Rochester with one other person checking in July 28 and checking out the morning of August 1.

I have not made reservations yet because if I can’t find a roommate I will stay in a less expensive motel.

I have transportation if that helps and will be attending the convention July 29th through August 1.

I am scheduled for some flight instruction so my hours may not be reliable.

I am a nonsmoker with no pets and prefer the same.

I have been told that I snore.

Attachments

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2400+ in rotorcraft
Your half at the Super 8 in Rochester, Indiana would be $140.13 arriving July 28 and checking out August 1, four days. Less if we went with book it now, nonrefundable.

Smack

Re-member?
Aircraft
Kitfox IV / F1 Rocket / Magni M-16 / Beech 18
Total Flight Time
500+
... but rooming with Vance...... "priceless". :D

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Smack.....I never will forget booking a room for Mentone my first time....probably was in 2003 as I drove over and back in 2002 just for the day. But anyway I asked for someone to split my room with. Someone with the name of "Vance" agreed to split my room. I had no idea who this Vance was, and agreed. Little did I know what a legend he was ...and he was is the most interesting person I have ever talked to.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
He is a rather special fellow.:)

Kevin_Richey

Yamaha gyro...Oregon, USA
Aircraft
Sport Copter gyroplane
Total Flight Time
300+ gyroplane, 11 airplane, 1.5 PPC, AND... a ZILLION hours of flying in my dreams!
His dad was special too.

In that Wikipedia article, I learned that Vance's dad had set up business in Watts airport, in Beaverton, Oregon. Never having heard of Watts airport, I googled it to discover it was 1/2 mile south of Bernard's airport, which I had been to as a youngster living nearby. I remember thinking how cool an airplane looked & how it could lumber along the grass strip for a bit & then FLY off the ground!

Bernard's became the Bernard-Beaverton Mall, known today as Beaverton Mall.

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2400+ in rotorcraft
My good friend Paul Plack will be sharing a room in Rochester with me from July 28 to August 1. Thank you. Hope to see many of your there.