I Want to Sell my Gyros

CLS447

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Air Command 503 & Air Command SxS /EJ2.5
Total Flight Time
Aprox 400 gyro
Due to new life events & my new found anxiety problem......I want to see if there is any interest in buying my single place Air Command & my SxS 2 place machine.

Both machines are well documented in this forum. I feel that truly interested parties will be able to hash out a fair price with me & with the minimum amount of sales pitching.

Please post any thoughts right here.....Thank You !

Let me see if I can channel Vance Breese:

Interest can be generated in someone before they know that they are interested.

I feel that current pictures of the aircraft would generate more interest than having to hunt through old forum threads.

In my opinion, an asking price aids in the sale of an aircraft and can separate interested parties and tire-kickers.

I hope that you overcome your anxiety problem, and that your new life events are happy ones.

​​​​​​​Thank you.

gyromike;n1136875 said:
Let me see if I can channel Vance Breese:

Interest can be generated in someone before they know that they are interested.

I feel that current pictures of the aircraft would generate more interest than having to hunt through old forum threads.

In my opinion, an asking price aids in the sale of an aircraft and can separate interested parties and tire-kickers.

I hope that you overcome your anxiety problem, and that your new life events are happy ones.

​​​​​​​Thank you.

Good job Mike, Spooky but a Good Job !!!

Good morning Chris,

I have found that many challenges in my life seemed insurmountable and turned out to be temporary.

I am still blind in one eye and have cognitive challenges and yet I live my dreams every day.

There are many things I have sold in my life that I miss and I am not still in possession of the money I received at the time. It was a long term solution to a short term problem.

Anyone will be purchasing years of thought and some very nice workmanship if they purchase either of your aircraft.

Mike did a good job of channeling me although I would be more inclined to use the word may instead of can.

Last edited:
geez Chris you have been on this forum for 15 years,hope your issues get resolved and you are able to

stay with us on the forum,I have enjoyed reading your input about gyros and all things in general,

I tried to PM you about pics and price for the SxS but it wouldn't let me, says your mailbox is over the max allowed.

Thanks to all you guys ! I had a real good day today mentally (meds starting to work ? )........when I posted that yesterday it made me sick. I have thought this through pretty well & think it is the right thing to do.

I am trying to sell a paddle boat that I have & don't use.....lots of interest but not able to get myself up to the challenge of making it happen. The gyros WILL be more challenging ! Today I made a call to a guy that really wants it....... ! PROGRESS !

So I just thought I would put the gyros out there & see if anyone was interested.

Just having trouble with my get go. Simple things seem very difficult right now but I hope I am making progress.

GyroCFI......Look up all threads started by me or could someone help him ? Thanks guys !! I have trouble cut & paste with my chromebook & I don't know what is up with my PM box ???

I have reached a point in my life where it is time to downsize ! I don't know what I was always thinking ?

I could type forever on the subject, but let me explain........ My Father & his new wife have taken a reverse mortgage on his property. Their health is uncertain.

If something would happen soon I would be forced to get all my stuff off the property. I have no place to move it to !

I would like to start by selling the 2 place.

It is registered as a ELSA'
It has a 2.5 Subaru with an Autoflight gearbox.
A 70" Ivo Magnum prop
28' Sport rotors like new.
Dual bearing rotor head.

I would love to get 20K but I am very negotiable. This machine needs a knowledgeable new Owner.

Please ask me anything you like.......

Attachments

• IM000409.JPG
    IM000409.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IM000414.JPG
    IM000414.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 36
Chris, I am sorry to read about your stressful situation. Having taken care of an elder parent for 10 years up until last year I know what you are going through. That being said, do not be so quick to give up your dreams.
You are always welcome to hanger them at my place here in NC. I know its a trek, but maybe things could settle out and you would have regrets later having sold them so quickly.

Thanks for the offer , man ! It has just been a bad summer & I am trying to figure out my life. The single place is safe & sound in my $130/mth hangar.....just have not been there in a while . I will get there & she is ready to fly.......the 2 place is another story.

No one is beating my door down to buy it yet !

Both gyros are still for sale..... The 2 place will be priced lower than the sum of parts. The blades alone are worth 4500

The redrive alone was 3500. The IVO magnum prop is worth at least 1000

The single place with 503 is ready to fly ! I would negotiate the 10,000 price ! Thanks

Chris 610-401-6992 [email protected]

Some weeks back, I found the perfect new owner of my SxS. He lives in Ft Lauderdale FLA & he loves his new project. I was not impressed with the guy who came to get it & deliver to FLA........I can't believe it made it ! I had 30 - 40 K in her. I took ten ! I feel better she is gone. I still believe that I am going to sell my single in the spring........I have a lot of extras to go with her...someone is going to get a great deal....I won't need anything gyro related....imagine that. I will still have a ton of stuff that I have collected over the years....you can imagine.

This hobby has consumed a good part of my life when compared to the hours flown......I'm ready to move on. Thanks guys !

Who wants to bring an empty truck for my hangar cleanout ? Everything must go !