I told you so . . . :D

Not so fast there Skippy...

There are other choices out there.

Besides, I don't know what you're crowing about.
InBev is headquartered in Belgium. Looks like you're drinking their beer!

:lol:

Nope . . .it was a merger with the Brazilian pool of beers known as Ambev thus Inbev, they did this to atain reciprocity with US market where the Belgian company had contract with Budwiser, now they racked up the whole thing.
But I was just teasing, I think Bud sucks and I like Michelob, also the Brazilian beer for US does not taste as good as here, it is watered down.
So I will keep at my choices: Mich, St Pauly, Heineken, Corona, Grolsch, Presidente.
But the thing is that our companies down here are turning to be giants in the market, stell, oil, beer, etc.
As I told some time ago, there is a shift in focus and lots of investment is coming this way.
Many Americans feel betraied and they have reason for the feelings.
Heron

There are far better beers to drink, both domestic and imported. Bud being bought by a foreign company is not newsworthy. I don't see any reason for anyone to be thumping their nationalistic chests over this.

Bud is for people who drink for QUANTITY, NOT QUALITY,
Great for getting loaded and then saying..."Hey Bubba Watch this"

What beer ?

What beer ?

With so many micro brews out there you have to be poor uneducated and totally ignorant of the many great beers waiting to be had. If you must buy a mass produced beer then I would suggest:

Sam Adams,
Yunglling
Dinkleacker

then of course there is that 5 or 6 dollar a bottle of

double chocolate by ??? oh well I forget the mfg.

You only rent beer so why not rent the best !

(not a big beer drinker)

Jonathan

It's Yuengling! www.yuengling.com/

And it is only sold in 10 states, (Georgia not one of them)
My Son was working down in Florida, and brought me home a 12 pk, such a good son! :)

Yep
The smaller breweries have better products.
I found out long ago that, water is the main concer when they pick a spot for a new factory.
Down here in Brasil, there is a city about 190 km from here that has the best water, it was a small brewery that made a black strong beer in small bottles. Skol bought the place and became the Queen of Beers down here, they also were the first in canned brew.
The chest tumping is just a joke, but what is happening it is not. Your money been squemed out and buying progress in other nations is not joke!
The good news is that you may find more brands and types when choosing your nest one.
I am happy my first nation is going well and very sad my secont nation is in trouble and loved friends been squeezed like tomatoes.
It will get better . . .meanwhile have a Bud on me!
Heron

Hey Bubba, Watch This!

Hey Bubba, Watch This!

scottessex said:
Bud is for people who drink for QUANTITY, NOT QUALITY,
Great for getting loaded and then saying..."Hey Bubba Watch this"

Scott,

So...what you are really saying is this is a great loss in the Darwinian cause, yes?

*JC*

Yes I am sure that there will be unintended consequences, like more idiots reproducing or something to that effect. :)

Speaking of idiots reproducing, I first read a reference in this forum about a movie called Idiocracy. It sounded funny, so I rented it. It is hilarious! I highly recommend it. It will show you what happens when the idiots out reproduce the more intelligent folks.

Speaking of idiots reproducing, I first read a reference in this forum about a movie called Idiocracy. It sounded funny, so I rented it. It is hilarious! I highly recommend it. It will show you what happens when the idiots out reproduce the more intelligent folks.

Carl, you don't have to see the movie, just look around! :sad:

How Come it is?

How Come it is?

The chest tumping is just a joke, but what is happening it is not. Your money been squemed out and buying progress in other nations is not joke!
Heron, if things are really like you precieve, why has the Brazialian Real lost 5% against the dollar in the last 3 months? :confused:

Pete,

That is true, but the movie takes it way past where we are now, as hard as that might seem to be possible. It is hilarious.

All,

US corporations buy out foreign companies all the time. It happening the other way around once in a while is not the end of the world or the end of the US. Get a grip.