I think I hooked one.

Joe Pires

star hoarder
Aircraft
Aviomania GS2.
Total Flight Time
600 ish solo gyro and 190 ish two place
I took a young man and his girlfriend flying a few weeks ago. He is a pilot and they both seemed to enjoy it quite a bit. Today he sent me this link and I am pretty sure I hooked one. The good news and the bad news. The bad new is its 15 minutes long. The good news is its 15 minutes about ME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keObGfsZjhs&feature=youtu.be

Joe.....you are a pretty big deal!!!
True Carolina Barnstormers material!!! :)

gyrojeffro;n1138607 said:
looks like someone is becoming tucker gott of the gyro world, thanks for taking that weight off my chest! lol
I don't know the reference, but thanks!

Great, thanks for sharing - both with guests and us.
And it was nice to see the Aviomania twoseater.

What a beautiful place...

Cheers
Erik

I usually won't sit through a 15 minute YouTube video but I really enjoyed that.
Joe sure lives in a nice place
George

I actually found your video on youtube before finding this thread. It was really a good demo of flying qualities vs fixed wing. The Viking has a nice exhaust tone. Well done Joe

Illini85;n1138674 said:
I actually found your video on youtube before finding this thread. It was really a good demo of flying qualities vs fixed wing. The Viking has a nice exhaust tone. Well done Joe

Thank you. Actually on part of each flight , I do both slow flight and a vertical descent to let them experience the differences in what they might be used too. I warn them in advance it might not feel right, but I promise its normal...never had one freak yet.

Joe, great video. I am really interested to know what video gear he used. It is unusually smooth for a gyro and the only time I was able to get video this smooth in a gyro was when using a hand held video cam on a gimbal device known as the DJI Osmo

if you look in the text of his video you can see what he uses. Most of the in flight was his gopro attached to my helmet. He may have smoothed it some in post production. If that does not answer you, post the comment on the video, I am sure you will get a response.

Thanks everyone, I will pass these kind comments on to him when I see him next.