I lost all my phone contacts

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2400+ in rotorcraft
My flip phone that I purchased in 2014 has had an unanticipated event it will not come back from.
I am not able to retrieve my contacts.
I have purchased an IPhone 11 and would like to get my friends in my new phone.
If you would like for me to have your contact information please email me at [email protected] with your name, phone number and the reason I know you.
One of the things I am spending my isolating days with is learning how to operate this phone and learning to use forflight.
Because of being an older person (70) my traumatic brain injury and being in the ninth percentile for unrelated memory this is a slow frustrating process for me.
So far I cannot find any features that I find more alluring that the simplicity of my flip phone.
It is sort of like the difference between a helicopter and a gyroplane. Being able to hover is nice but it comes with a lot of complexity to accomplish something that I don’t need very often.
I am just starting to use voice recognition and the process is still annoying.
My fat fingers are not sufficiently accurate to use the keyboard without a stylus.
My IPhone is going to be my ADSB-in display.
I also have the G meter on it. I have used this app in the past to prepare for air shows and found it valuable.

Attachments

• flip phone.jpg
    flip phone.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1

Tyger

Aircraft
Magni M16
Total Flight Time
Vance,
Sorry to hear that. These days that counts as a personal disaster. But you just may find out who the important people really are.
Make sure that you use one of several methods available for BACKING UP your new iPhone, in case that too has an accident, er, I mean an unanticipated event.

DaveJaksha

Aircraft
Sportcopter Vortex
Total Flight Time
Hi Vance. Now that you have an iPhone, go into your settings and turn on icloud backup. This will automatically backup the contents of your phone so that you will never loose any info again.

Dave

ventana7

Gold Member
Aircraft
Xenon Gyroplane, Cessna 182
Total Flight Time
1,000+
Vance using firelight on an iPhone in a gyro might be challenging as the text sizes are pretty small. If that proves a difficulty for you try iflygps which you can download and demo for free - you can adjust the text size to a more readable font and it has all the same stuff as firelight including working as your ads-b in with uavionix and most ads B brands.

Rob

DavePA11

Rob - You like iflygps belter than ForeFlight? I looked at the website and looked nice. Small text has always been my issue with WingX and Foreflight. I’ll download the trial and give it a try. I use iPad Mini on leg chart haolder I made. Can’t find a place in my Husky that doesn’t block something.

ventana7

Gold Member
Aircraft
Xenon Gyroplane, Cessna 182
Total Flight Time
1,000+
I think most features are now common to all 3 or 4 major EFB except the larger text fonts which is where IFly excels. . I started using WingX years ago because they had a terrain database superior to everyone else’s. I used it on my iPad for flying my gyro from Colo to Oshkosh. 5 years ago. At Oshkosh I went to every manufacturer and asked about larger text. Only iFlygps had it. Interestingly as I was at booths asking about text size several other pilots hearing the question expressed the same need, but it seems no one focused on it but iFly. I flew back to Colo using iFly and have been a customer since. I’ve used it on both iPad mini and iPhone. About 2 months ago I broke down and got their dedicated hardware unit the ifly740. I have my iPad mini or phone as a backup. All units will display my ADSB traffic too.

barongan

an interesting question. I too was looking for it