I don't get it?

Screw

Lubricating & Stimulating
Aircraft
Dominator 2 place/Cessnas & Pipers
Total Flight Time
300+
Hi All,<br><br>I really don't get it.  <br><br>Am I really comming across like a jerk?  I was thinking some of my posts were just comming across like a funny dose of common sence, but it was really disturbing to find that some of the members of the Norm's forum wasn't comming over because of people like me and other un-named folks.<br><br>The potential wisedom, knowledge, and skill of some of the folks refusing to come over is alot more than I can offer. Being a safe gyro pilot is more important to me than my ego.  All of you being safe gyro pilots is more important to me than my participation in this or Norms forum.<br><br>I don't want Todd or any one else to suffer in any way because I've got a sharp keyboard, therefore, I don't have a problem leaving the forum if that would help get some people with more experiance to participate in this forum.<br><br>As Spock once said, "The good of the many out weigh the good of the one."<br><br>Sincerely,<br><br>John Stevens-<br>

Re: I don't get it?

Say what . . .??<br>"They" don't like it?Who elected "they" as censors and the owners of ethics and moral?<br>Don't go nowhere, I wrote the book on rejection, believe me!<br>At least I haven't got any hate mail in quite some time.<br>We play around, jerk around, kid around but we want 3 things . . .more, bigger and better.<br>I came in to the forum arena chest wide open and with a bleeding heart. Took some pounding for my views and opinions and sometimes it hurt a lot those sling shot pellets of racism, xenophobia and others.<br>But there are some really great charaters here, I wouldnt miss them for no one'.<br>Ride the wave John, ride the wave . . .<br>thanks<br>Heron

Lighten up John. I seriously doubt if you have anything to do with certain people not coming over here from the other forum. That is pure paranoia.
Your comments to Chuckles were below the radar on most of our spam detectors.

Last edited:

John,<br><br>I doubt that you, or any other inhabitant of this forum, is keeping anyone from Norm's Forum from coming over. Nothing you have posted has come close to some of the slugfests that happened on Norm's Forum.<br><br>Some people have chosen to stay with Norm's Forum for now. I bounce between the two myself.<br><br>So sit back, relax, and post away. The others will get here...when they get here. <br><br><br>P.S. Spock said "The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few...or the one."  ;)

John:<br><br>I have been posting on Norms site for years.<br><br>Like you I almost quit because of  a few who complained, why hell I was even banned for a while,   Craig Wall  and me were real out spoken and received a lot of flack.<br><br>If you leave because of a few complainers I'll have Gyro Ron kick your ass.<br><br>And if he can't I'll come down and kick your ass.<br><br>Your friend.  ;D<br><br>Chuck Ellsworth

Yeap. don't make me snap you in the Butt with your horsey towel you left at my place at ROC! I will use it if needed. ;D ;D ;D<br><br>You got my private messages. Stay the course :-*

Oh and don't forget I got a bag of gyro parts you left too Mr Screw driver.

And Chuck I won't personally kick Johnny boys behind, I will send my dominator gal over to the left! Maybe he will enjoy that? ;D

Thanks all,<br><br>Leave the Dominator gal, I can have two running around the house :eek:<br><br>Some of the drama just pisses me off.<br><br>john-

John,  I don't think people are not coming here because of you. It's their loyalty to Norm, and there's nothing wrong with that.<br><br>Norm site has and still is a vitial part of gyro communication between gyro people.<br><br>I still visit Norm's site but that all I do because his site isn't Mac friendly. I can't express my thanks enough to Todd for starting the forum, watch this.....<br><br>slkdj foiv jgv a laksgj asdjk glkjd slkas dslkd-----<br><br>see all the pretty letters I can now type and post.<br><br>If and when Norm's site goes down they will come.  Kinda like that movie "Field of Dreams" -  if you build it, they will come.

Hey, let "THEM" have it.   So far this one is pretty good and I am going to do my part to keep it that way.  I am only going to use two fingers on the keyboard.  That way maybe I will think before I click.  Larry

Larry, I have decided to only use my toes, that will help stop me putting my foot in my mouth!!!!!!!!  LOL<br><br>Aussie Paul.

Steven,   No not just you....it's a PC based forum.<br><br>I don't have trouble with log in or even staying logged on the site, I can also navigate through it well, my problem is posting. Sometimes I can post but 99% of the time I can't. When I am able to post on it I can never reply to anything someone else might ask me, only modify the existing orig. post I made.<br><br>I talked to our office IT guy about it and he said some forums like this are based only in a PC platform which does not read a Mac based platform very well. When a Mac ties into a PC only based platform the information going from the Mac platform to a PC platform gets jumbled and is not received correctly and therefore causes problems.<br><br>It's any easy fix if you want to spend a couple of hundred bucks or so and degrade your Mac to the sub culture PC level by buying a program called Virtual PC.  :eek:  Did I type that.... :-X<br><br>Just kidding all you PC users.<br><br>I was about to do this when Todd started this site, so I decided to put that money into my gyro......    Phil

Re:I don't get it?

John,
I didn't know this site was here until you made mention of it.......Glad you did!!...Thanks!!!!!!
Girogeorge Pate USA

Re:I don't get it?

Anywhere I can go to get good gyrocopter flying information is the place I want to be.

Has anyone else noticed that Norm's forum seems VERY reliable, now? Almost never down. However, HE has become very quiet.

I think that I would like to support both because I go to both. There seems to be different stuff on both, and I need to learn as much as I can learn.