Hypocrisy?

Jason O

I dont understand, why hypocrisy

I dont understand, why hypocrisy

I read the article and did not see where the protesters want to ban the use of oil.

Why is it all or nothing?

I live in a wood house and do not believe in cutting down all the forests to supply wood to the world. I would rather we save some forests to enjoy as forests and do our best to use other building technologies to provide housing.

Some people believe that the additional oil this well would produce is not worth the environmental risk.

I will never understand the rush to extreme.

Jason

A response from a friend who is a sailmaker:

"What a joke.....don't they know their sails are made from OIL!!!!"

My message to him:

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/oil-drilling-stand-off-high-seas-5715982

cburg

Hey Jason I see your point.

But when do you stop technology? The Amish picked an acceptable technological level, are you ready to? Generally, that’s not what us humans do...for better or for worse. Almost every breakthrough has resistance.

For example, my other posts on Mars colonization…should we do it? What happens when, not if, there is a species ending event here on earth?

Who’s to say whether by destroying ourselves we're are in the process of saving ourselves? Kind of like those muscle cells after a workout.

Note: drilling in 10,000 feet of water and drilling down another 40,000 feet in earth is indeed a breakthrough. Worth the risk? Who knows.

I read the article and did not see where the protesters want to ban the use of oil.

Why is it all or nothing?

I live in a wood house and do not believe in cutting down all the forests to supply wood to the world. I would rather we save some forests to enjoy as forests and do our best to use other building technologies to provide housing.

Some people believe that the additional oil this well would produce is not worth the environmental risk.

I will never understand the rush to extreme.

Jason

Last edited:

barnstorm2

Platinum Member
Aircraft
2-place Air Command CLT SxS (project), & Twinstarr Autogyro
Total Flight Time
750+hrs and climbing
I don't see any problem with any energy source so long as it is used/produced in a method that is clean and sustainable.

cburg

I can assure you that the power generation and oil & gas industries where I have spent 40 years working...diligently work to achieve that.

I don't see any problem with any energy source so long as it is used/produced in a method that is clean and sustainable.

cburg

History will look back on our consuming 89 million barrels per day of oil and scoff at how wasteful we were…doing stuff like joy riding in a gyro.

Redbaron

Banned
Aircraft
bee
hmmm, “Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.”

einstein was a smart man. There is no global warming folks! only people or dare I say "political hacks" wanna tax people based on a conspiracy theory!

GA Rotor Guy

Aircraft
Single Dominator
hmmm, “Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.”

einstein was a smart man. There is no global warming folks! only people or dare I say "political hacks" wanna tax people based on a conspiracy theory!

And the folks who are dumb enough to believe the theories... really are not smart enough to be trusted to vote.