How to partial quote a post

Gyro_Kai

Aircraft
MT-03, Calidus (rent)
Total Flight Time
about 150
Hello,

may I add some wisdom for copy and paste
The key combinations I'm using can be used in almost any windows software even from one application to another.

First open two explorer windows (or so called tabs), one for copying, one for assembling your post.

In the copy window:
Highlight the text to copy and press the ctrl-key, hold it and press C additionally.

In the post-window:
click, into the entry-window and press the ctrl-key, hold it and press V.

The text should be created in the window.

When doing such a mixed text it is probably best to first assemble everything, including your own remarks, without any special quotation.
When all the content is collected, use the trick mentioned above:

Highlight the quote by clicking-dragging the text. then press the balloon quote key above. This will place a [quoxt]-mark before and a [/quoxt] behind (without the x).
So you can play around by moving these [q..] things about (using ctrl-C ctrl-V again for example). Just make sure that every [q..] has a [/q..] again to close it.

Use the "preview post" button frequently.

Kai.

gyromike

Administrator
Staff member
Aircraft
Bensen B8MG
Passin' Thru said:
Hey Vance, you can take it one step farther. After you paste , highlight it again and look up just above your text box and find yellow square ballon. click on it and you get this:
Thank you Pete, that did not work for me. I do not seem to have a yellow ballon.

Thank you, Vance
Vance,

The button you are looking for should be in the top of the 'Quick Reply' box at the bottom of every page, and above the text box on the 'Post Reply' page.

Attachments

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2200+ in rotorcraft
Thank you Kai and Mike,

I am now confused on a higher level.

My crank seal and starter just came in.

I am off to see if I can figure out how to make the Predator fly.

Thank you, Vance

reelmule

Reelmule
Aircraft
Beech Baron C55; Piper PA 18 Super Cub; RAF 2000 gyroplane
Total Flight Time
5,000+ hrs;
Kai,

Thanks again for the detailed instructions re ctrl/c and v. This is going to take some practice.