How to Make a Seat Tank

Go here

If I needed a seat tank I would take rotomolded over anything I could make and be hours if not dollars ahead. At $225 for the seat I don't think it can be beat. You might want to sew up your own cover if you are just set on personalizing it as much as possible. Welcome to RWF

I recently purchased this same tank (in translucent) from Calumet Mfg. and can vouch for the high quality and ruggedness.

Those dune buggy seats by Jazz (small & large) have the joining seam ground off at the factory. The manufacturer does not want them holding gasoline due to liability, so when the grind the seams, the have no concern for leakage.
There is a Jazz dealer high performance warehouse, one of the bosses used to work for an aircraft supply company near Chicago. I have known him for 40 years. He let me take some of each home to test for leakage. 1 out of 3 passed. Ora Cook had someone that yanked out before the grinding operation. Someone else called Jazz and asked for an un-ground seat and told them what he was doing. The pipeline stopped for Ora (according to Ora). I searched for a seat tank for my own gyro and wound up buying a SnoBird seat tank., it had a sump on the bottom and a consistent wall thickness of around .200 By contrast, a former, popular West Coast seat tank had a wall thickness that caused the screw in fittings to leak as a matter of routine. I loved the SnoBird tank and wound up buying the mold (and eventually, the whole company) Calumet Manufacturing bought the mold from me along with the Wunderlich prerotator business. They are doing Dick and myself proud.

Hi Brian, good to see you back and building.

Hi Brian, good to see you back and building.
Hi Tom!

Yes indeed. It's been slow going but making great progress. Great to see you still active on the Forum. I hope you are doing well, and I'm hoping to make it to Mentone next year with the new bird. Would be nice to see you again.