How do I fit a gyrocopter in my garage????

There is some hanger space at El Mirage

Roughly what is storage cost at El Mirage?

I recently put in a new insulated roll up door or I would have considered GyroDougs idea.

It seems like using a MZ202 engine on a Gryobee or similar gyro should keep you within the 254 pound limit even with extra support for a folding mast. Not sure how popular or the availability / cost difference between the MZ202 and comparable Rotax. By the little I've read the MZ202 saves about 40 pounds for the same HP output of the comparable Rotax.

Most hangers are $30.

The KB2 with a Mac meets 103 specs, no prerotor but you can sit in the seat and spin the blades.

With the Gyrobee you have to stand on the seat spin the blades jump down strap in and start the motor.

dabkb2 said:
With the Gyrobee you have to stand on the seat spin the blades jump down strap in and start the motor.

The above takes practice and is a right royal pain in the nether region. You also may have to engineer your radio/headset connection and various other connection and security functions while rolling and getting the rotors up. Tall masts are a good thing, but start-up is significantly complicated by them.

It also helps to say a magic incantation such as: "%$$#%!@&%*!!!"
...or your own particular chant of preference, while spinning the rotors up. :D

Last edited: