How are you uploading photos here

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Airgyro AG915 Centurian, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Gyroplane 70Hrs, not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Took a picture with my cell to upload but it's too large for the forum to upload.
Tried to reduce the size but now my old and faithful Photo editing software is getting error on the last OS update. It's dead.

How are you guys shrinking the photo's so your cell phone pictures can up load here. Man this is so time consuming will not be able to share pictures here until I get a photo editor.

Try changing your phone setting to lower your resolution and increasing the compression ratio.
A 2MB image and Normal Quality will be way smaller than an 8MB image in Super-Fine Quality mode.

A standard 80" HD TV only displays 2MB images, do you really need anything better than that for the forum?

On an iPhone or iPad you can mail yourself a copy of the photo. When you do that, before you click send there will be a indication of the size of the image to be sent. Click the size, and you will be given the option to select other size pictures. Send and then copy the image to your photo library. You can then select the smaller version for upload to the rotary forum. You can also download many different apps that will resize photos. I use one called “ imager resizer+”.

Dave

No Title

2.44MB picture upload.

Attachments

• photo130190.jpg
    photo130190.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 2
Thanks my friends.
I carry both apple and android. PRA's is an apple. I can run the android better so use it the most.
I need to take and save the highest resolution photo's I can for the magazine, web-site, forum, and several Facebook pages where I post all the same photos.When I have time.

This is the only site my pictures don't upload as is so need a way to have a low resolution version just for here.
Fran's solution should work will try that the next time.

Think it's time to buy a new photo editor have any recommendations????

If you have a Mac, you can use the editor in the built in Photo app. Another option is Piximator. Does most everything photoshop can do, but only cost about $35. Also available for the iPhone.

Dave

DaveJaksha;n1135080 said:
If you have a Mac, you can use the editor in the built in Photo app. Another option is Piximator. Does most everything photoshop can do, but only cost about $35. Also available for the iPhone.

Dave
No Apple I was one of those who sued Bill Gates over CMP as I donated a ISAM database and several printer drivers. We won and they had to publish DOS which made programmers Gods to do anything we needed. But Apple never released their code or it's sucked to not be able to create new OS features to run new hardware etc.
This is why Microsoft owns 85%+ of the world market today even thought we would have rather had the better hardware.
I made the right choice because I retired at age 39 in 1990 from the software I created for microsoft's platform.

The only photoshop I can find they won't sell and want to make me like a drug user. My last potoshop I bought in the late 90's and has worked fine without any new updates by them until now. I'm not a renter it's a bad deal for me.

Actually, gimp runs on the Mac also.

Dave

The resolution required for the magazine (print?) is the deciding medium. I have no idea what is required there but anything online has fairly low resolution requirements. I shoot at 2.7 in my drone.

FRANK'S;n1135112 said:
https://www.gimp.org/ for a free photo editor. Yes it's windows

Gee's I have gimp!! I forgot as I just photoshop. But I need a .gif and my version of photoshop would not do the modern format for .gif.
Thank you for the advice.

DaveJaksha;n1135113 said:
Actually, gimp runs on the Mac also.

Dave

Mac created a virtual windows shell/overlay that I thought was suppose run all window programs. I'm no telling really asking as that what I heard?

All_In;n1135116 said:
Gee's I have gimp!! I forgot as I just photoshop. But I need a .gif and my version of photoshop would not do the modern format for .gif.
Thank you for the advice.

Gimp does .Gif

Since a Mac’s hardware is the same as.a PC (Intel or compatible) you can choose to run either Mac or Windows. Apple’s Boot Camp allows you to install Windows alongside macOS on your Mac. Only one operating system can be running at a time, so you’ll have to restart your Mac to switch between macOS and Windows. This method allows Windows to run at the full speed of the hardware. Virtual machine programs for Mac include Parallels and VMware Fusion. Each of these is a paid program, so you’ll have to buy both a Windows license and a copy of your virtual machine program of choice. They allow you to run Windows at about 85% of the hardware speed you would get with Boot Camp. But, you can run both OSs at the same time. Copy and paste between OSs. Parallels can even hide the fact you are running Windows as Windows applications show up in the application bar just like Mac programs. I have used this for years to run a few Windows only applications.