Hoverboard - that actually flies

barry9315

theres a catch to its capabilities

theres a catch to its capabilities

Wouldn't get too excited yet. They can't just fly anywhere. The way I understand it, can only be used in a special area or park that has been constructed with a magnetic device within the concrete that has a like charge as the board which repell the board. Same physics as the mag lift train. We're really not that smart yet or would not still be using the crap shoot chemical Rockets.

Jincamty

Magic free zone
Wouldn't get too excited yet. They can't just fly anywhere. The way I understand it, can only be used in a special area or park that has been constructed with a magnetic device within the concrete that has a like charge as the board which repell the board. Same physics as the mag lift train. We're really not that smart yet or would not still be using the crap shoot chemical Rockets.
I think you're mixed up with this one.

The World's First Real Hoverboard? (Costs $10,000) | New Video

I believe the original post was the "hover board" that came out in the news 6 mo or so ago. Basically it was 2 rather large quad copters married together. If I remember right the guy made it 900' before he ran out of juice and sank in the lake or river (don't remember which but the test was over water)

barry9315

hover board

hover board

There is such an animal as a overboard which functions using opposing magnets. I'm not referring to a prop driven board.

AdamCH

As we know,the conceptual hoverboard is suspended by magnetic force.But the magnetic is relative,it’s hardly keep opposite magnets anywhere and anytime!Maybe we can make one in special lab,but it is not an All-terrain Hoverboard,we lose the meaning of creating it.