Homebuilt Coaxial Helicopter (RELOADED)

There was a LOT of discussion going on here - and then it suddenly stopped - is there still a discussion or are we just the jokers here?

yaw will suffer control reversal in autorotation - other then that it look good

Yaw drag flaps on the tips will do nicely (QH 50 style)

Yes, drag flaps would work nicely IF there's a differential. I suspect that is not in this case because of the chosen method of yaw control. Searching the net, I see most amateur coax designer/builders use this method for equalized counter-rotation.

I can't get over how small the diameter is for both rotors.

Wayne

Last edited:
Yaw flaps will always work. the gearing of a coaxel is not a limiting design feature nor a dynamic or static mas, if you put a fixed set of flaps above and a movable set on the lower blades.

what you show is powered lift with very high disk loading and two rotors way way too close to each other......😧

This thread is so many pages long that I am having a hard time understanding its overall purpose. Was it to see about getting a coaxial helicopter built?

Cicaré coaxial.

Cicaré coaxial.

Who knows what became those coaxial (Dennis Fetters, may be!?)???
And what are the intentions of Cicare about them???

http://www.cicare.com.ar/index.htm
THOSE WERE TEST SUBJECTS ONLY NO PRODUCTION
Cicare had his designs taken, He's a great designer.
As for the coaxal stuff they mostlyall use standard collective & cyclic controls - Yaw is reversed unless a special null cam is used or tip break servos.
Fixed pitch with mast tilting in the cheaper 'kits' are falling bowling balls with a seat when the engine stops.
All a coax does is add to the costs of extra main rotor blades - controls & headaches - The standard single main & tail systems do better.
I'll take a tandem Chinook over a Kamov coax any day. and a standard Hughes twice on the Weekend.

Habiéndolo observado de cerca, ¿crees que podría mejorarse de forma notable?
Buenas tardes desde Argentina, se que estos artículos son viejos, pero me gustaría preguntar al foro, donde puedo conseguir información técnica del helicóptero personal de Dr. Schofmanns . Muchas gracias

Another successful Chinese coaxial helicopter test flight
Cool... flying home-built aircraft is a fascinating concept, though a home-build helicopter is a bit too brave for me. There's way too much that can go wrong with a helicopter. 加油!