Holy crap Batman, Just learned PPA email server has not been sending out emails to members intermittently for months!!

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Our server providers suck, they added email security and at 1st apparently, it was intermittently not sending some email but then they add a file needed. Which should have been added to PRA.org automatically. However, PRA.org was never added correctly by THEM, Found out they could not even link the secrity cerfificate we paid for over a year ago. Which is now part of the problem as to why our email stopped working compeltly over a month ago. With no error message displayed on the screen as if it sent just fine.

It will take them two days to fix but it took me over two mounths chasing ghosts in our software.

Also learned from them that Yahoo and AOL have added email security to their servers and it will bounce back all of our automated emails sent from PRA.org site thinking it may be spam.

Question:
There has to be a way to tell Yahoo and AOL that we are a charity and need to send PRA account # and password to their email addresses. Anyone ever registered with them or know how to fix this.

skyguynca

Gold Member
Aircraft
depends on what I have sold recently
Total Flight Time
5000+
I get my email from you just fine on yahoo mail. I got a couple of emails from PRA last month but none this month

David

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
I get my email from you just fine on yahoo mail. I got a couple of emails from PRA last month but none this month

David
Thank you that is so helpful. I can look up when it sent it to you. To try and figure out when to start resending them.
Also if you do not mind David. As soon as they fix it I would like to test sending you an email to your yahoo address again and see if they now block PRA's emails.

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
I never got anything from PRA!
Crap, I now suspect many that said they were sent with no error never made it.
This is so not right. Just leave the dang thing alone it was working fine for YEARS!!!!

skyguynca

Gold Member
Aircraft
depends on what I have sold recently
Total Flight Time
5000+
Thank you that is so helpful. I can look up when it sent it to you. To try and figure out when to start resending them.
Also if you do not mind David. As soon as they fix it I would like to test sending you an email to your yahoo address again and see if they now block PRA's emails.
Any time, glad to help