Hillman Hornet - is it worth saving?

• No scrape it out.

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • yes, save it.

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lmlmrbd

I got a couple of hovercrafts one a 9 ft 503 redrive,The other is a 12 ft 670 rotax with a b box electric start,I'll do some trading with u

lmlmrbd

The hovercraft are scat,right now I'm working on a set of wings for the 9ft scat,so it will be able too fly about 4ft off the ground or water in ground effect let me know ir interested

lmlmrbd

If u want pics of the hovercrafts,let me know,they both run,the 670 12ft scat is real fast call or text 620 330 6293 I can't seem to download pictures on any of my post or I would with this post

NetPilot

Tryin' to Re-Member
Aircraft
2016 Rotax 503 "Jake-inator" (i.e. Gyro Jake's 2016 creation)
Total Flight Time
225+
If anyone can...

If anyone can...

I vote for giving it to Jake.

1) He's interested.

2) If anyone in this country can add value to the project he can.

and bonus... he's in the same state as you!

Sounds like a done deal to me.

M

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Waiex/3300 Jab, Phantom UL, Flightstar II UL
Total Flight Time
ALOT
Donating to a museum would give you a tax deduction. So you could write off it off when you do your taxes and get a bigger refund. Of course I am being a wise guy and laughing when I type this, and Stan would certainly get the joke...

And since you most likely DON'T need any tax deductions, I would vote for giving it to Jake.

animal

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Hillman Hornet N8063D
lmao, do any of you really think for one minute I would just give this project away.

As for Jake I have no use for Jake, he showed he is no friend of mine as so many of the rest of ya'll have.

I think it is so Funny, that while I own it, it is of no value and should be scraped, yet if I give it to Jake it is magically worth restoring and people even want to help fund it.

Give me a ****ing break. really? what makes you think Jake can even find the parts any better then I can?

And he is sure not going to make the parts as there are no plans for them.

it's not eating anything right where it is.

But I am getting a good laugh out of all of this.

One thing I have learned over the years and that is the Gyro community is one of the most back stabbing groups of people I have ever met.

And I don't mean just towards me. look at all the back stabbing on here.

I started this Poll to see the response, and well I got exactly what I expected.

my biggest laugh is all of ya'll just thinking that hey lets GIVE it to jake.

Jake's never done a damn thing for me. well except insult me on facebook. but that block button works really well.

If I donated it to anyone it would be the Hillman family as some of them would like to see it restored.

But thanks for the laughs.

lmlmrbd

I agree with you completely.I have been treated the same way on this forum.My vote is to save it an either complete ur dreams of restoring the helicopter or pursuiting hovercraft,as far as these vultures narcissist asshole on this forum,All they want to do is kill a man dreams,down grade u ,laugh at u an call u names because u don't fit in there little click,an yes I will probably be blackballed from getting help or part to finish my gyros My offer still stands ,I'll do some trading with u on the hovercraft good luck to u whatever u do

hillberg

lmao, do any of you really think for one minute I would just give this project away.

As for Jake I have no use for Jake, he showed he is no friend of mine as so many of the rest of ya'll have.

I think it is so Funny, that while I own it, it is of no value and should be scraped, yet if I give it to Jake it is magically worth restoring and people even want to help fund it.

Give me a ****ing break. really? what makes you think Jake can even find the parts any better then I can?

And he is sure not going to make the parts as there are no plans for them.

it's not eating anything right where it is.

But I am getting a good laugh out of all of this.

One thing I have learned over the years and that is the Gyro community is one of the most back stabbing groups of people I have ever met.

And I don't mean just towards me. look at all the back stabbing on here.

I started this Poll to see the response, and well I got exactly what I expected.

my biggest laugh is all of ya'll just thinking that hey lets GIVE it to jake.

Jake's never done a damn thing for me. well except insult me on facebook. but that block button works really well.

If I donated it to anyone it would be the Hillman family as some of them would like to see it restored.

But thanks for the laughs.
Quite simple. Jakes a doer and you are not, you added no value to your projects , no stabbing just the truth, You really can't finish anything...
Why would anyone deal with someone centered on 'Me me me I I I' and Jakes workmanship is top notch, You took a flying helicopter & pieced it out for zero gain.
pride is such a bothersome thing. It will never get restored. Seen this over and over, Laugh all you want. It doesn't change a thing.

Last edited:

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Quite simple. Jakes a doer and you are not, you added no value to your projects , no stabbing just the truth, You really can't finish anything...
Out of fairness Tim/Animal does finish things his biggest problem seems to always be very limited funds.

As to complains about the forum I've had problems posting with only one members so far but he means well and just seems to think the only way you can pass of knowledge is if you have time in type and not book/or forum knowledge. But they are just opinions worth what you pay for them. I also still consider him a friend who only reads and picks on certain words or a phrase and not the real meaning or intent of my posts.

If someone tells you/me the truth as they see it... It is not stabbing you in the back it may be considered stabbing you in the front??

As to Jake and his character he has done so much for our entire community creating custom parts, giving away his tube drilling jig to chapters who could not afford to buy one and even though he's not a PRA members and was or is pissed at PRA from years past he still supports me and PRA with the latest offering a discount to PRA members who buy Sun State Calendars.

He is and has been a hero of mine for all he does for anyone who asks and he is a good man!!!

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
John - We are trying to show someone that is always low on funds..that where I come from...its called work for it. When I wanted another gyro and needed $10,000 extra, I would not take it out of the family savings, but would go take on extra work whose profit went towards my project.

You and I even bought this guy an airline ticket to Bensen Days...trying to help him out.

Money usually just doesn't just land in your lap. Heck, flip hamburgers at McDonalds at $8 an hour , mow some lawns, geessh...there are all kinds of jobs out there, but it takes effort. My builds motivated me so much that I never had a problem getting the funds rounded up. It meant getting up at 5a.m. most days...and working later in the day.

Last edited:

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
John - We are trying to show someone that is always low on funds..that where I come from...its called work for it. When I wanted another gyro and needed $10,000 extra, I would not take it out of the family savings, but would go take on extra work whose profit went towards my project.

You and I even bought this guy an airline ticket to Bensen Days...trying to help him out.

Money usually just doesn't just land in your lap. Heck, flip hamburgers at McDonalds at $8 an hour , mow some lawns, geessh...there are all kinds of jobs out there, but it takes effort. My builds motivated me so much that I never had a problem getting the funds rounded up. It meant getting up at 5a.m. most days...and working later in the day.
Yes I've always done the same thing earn extra money to pay for my hobbies and fun.

gyrojake

Gyro Rehab Candidate
Aircraft
Gyroplanes
Total Flight Time
A few hours
Scrap it or save it?
The poll showed scrap it.
I'm the King of Junk-N-Stuff, I don't need plans to make things work.
As for you Tim, Your a keyboard bully, and that's why I said it on facebook.
Thank you everyone for the kind words, but I don't think defending my honor to this person is necessary.
I have to first, respect someones opinion before they are able to insult me.
I am humbled by the way the gyro community sees me and my efforts, I hope to be half the person I am respected as.
Tim, I am glad you had gotten a smile and a laugh from this thread, life is good and should be enjoyed, not taken advantage of.
~~JAKE~~

ultracruiser41

Gold Member
Aircraft
Cavalon,Snobird+, Ryan PT 22,Eagle 150B, Titan T51, Thatcher CX4, Radial Rocket Gyro, HummelBird
Total Flight Time
Too many to count
If I owned it....I'd donate it......simple as that. If Tim really cared about the historical value of it....he would donate it and let someone with the means finish it......but......he can't afford to give it away.

I've never seen him finish any project, learn to fly anything even with donations and help from several forum members.

hillberg

I gave Wald & Dave Domansky the Design of the Jet Exec (turbine powered Rotorway)

I knew I didn't have the time and resources to kit the idea, so I let them have it.

And I couldn't be happier after seeing all the happy builders and flyers.

Sometimes letting go lets things grow. It's called sharing.

Ckuker

I’d love to have it. I am Doug Hillmans youngest child. I’m in the army and work in aviation. I’d love to have pieces of one of his helicopters.