Hi from Scotland

et0

Hello all,
Finally admitted! I've been researching gyrocopters a bit and have an introductory lesson booked, and this forum has been very informative reading so I thought I'd join.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve only been to Scotland once; that was many years ago aboard a MATS C-121 (Lockheed Constellation) for a refueling stop at Prestwick.

It was at the crack of dawn on a cold, drizzling, misty Sunday morning. The GCA approach was over the biggest golf course I’d ever seen; it was crawling with lunatic Scots knocking golf balls about. Sane people were home, snuggled up in a nice warm bed.

I went into the passenger terminal to buy some snacks. The young lady behind the counter must have been a Highland Lass; I couldn’t understand a word she said nor could she understand a word I said.

A strange place with strange people; perhaps the root of my problem since some of my ancestors were Scots.

Thanks chaps!
We are definitely a bit strange, Mr Beaty (that would be spelt Beattie here) but I think those golfers were most likely Americans ;)

Greetings Even and welcome to more fun than is normally allowed by law.

Hi
welcome, please let us know how your lesson goes,
by copincidence I will be staying near Balmoral next week !, last went north of the wall about 8 years ago when I collected my Merlin pod from Maybol about 30 miles west of Glasgow.
have you flown before ? are you fixed wing licenced ?
and do you plan to buy a factory machine ?
do tell us more
Peter at Wootton Bassett flying a single seat bensen Merlin

Hi Peter, thanks for the welcome. I'm not licensed, I've only flown a glider before and RC models.
But yes I would plan to buy a commercial model, used, if I get on ok with the introduction.