Help Wanted

dingbat

Aircraft
Q.C.ChallengerII ,And Dinbat Gyrocopter
Total Flight Time
Taking PPLM and PPLG Student
Hi All,

I am trying to find out who is the pilot in the picture... or any information on this aircraft..or where it is... The registration is G-WGYR someone on here hopefully knows!.... It is not on the british register!

Have you seen this Aircraft! or the pilot!

Do you know the pilot! any help will be appreciated!
regards gary

Attachments

• dingbat1.jpg
    dingbat1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 0
Dingbat gyrocopter

Dingbat gyrocopter

Hi

I understand this picture was posted onto this site by ROBERT STADARDO.form.USA.....does this ring any bells.Robert!!
If you dont want any posings on here you are welcome to send me a P.M.

G.

PRA.BRA.LAA.........................:plane: And I am still on the ground!!:rolleyes:

dingbat

dingbat

Hi,

Does this picture ring any bells!!...........................:help:

PRA.BRA.LAA.............:plane:. And I am still on the ground!!

Attachments

• CRIM0494.jpg
    CRIM0494.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 0
Sure Gary, that's the one and only Brian Norris aka 'Boris' sitting in the one and only, one off, unique, real Dingbat. Never knowingly legally flown, but no one could catch him! It was beauty though.

Boris phoned me a while back wanting to buy my VPM. He really couldn't get his head round permits and legalities. The country needs more of his ilk!

Dingbat

Dingbat

Hi,

Thanks shirley,and brian,
you are like a breath of fressh air!
I am trying to get as much info on the dingbat as possible and pics..Especialy the registrations..Unfortunatly my hard drive went down and I lost all my Emails ..Along with pics of chris Julian that various members posted to me from this site..
This "borris" chap i have written too ..I think he did the ariel photos if i am correct!.. and he never replied to any of my letters with regards to CDJs machines! or any drawings or plans he had.

Regards G.

BRA LAA PRA........:plane:...and I am still on the Ground

And there's an EH-101 helicopter called the Merlin (Augusta-Westland).

There are no original names or model numbers.

The merlin was meant to be EHI 01.
European Helicopter Industries 01, but a typo changed it to EH 101 and it stuck.

A few helis have names from mispelling of their designation.

Last edited:
Chis julians gyro

Chis julians gyro

Boris phoned me a while back wanting to buy my VPM. He really couldn't get his head round permits and legalities. The country needs more of his ilk!

Brian was Borris the owner of this gyrocopter when you spoke to him on the phone... as this picture was then registered as G-WGYR
i am just trying to collect some info!....

G.

LAA.BRA.PRA..............:plane: and I am still on the ground!

Can't remember Gary. I recall he said something about selling his Dingbat abroad but I may be wrong.

I doubt the registration mark will mean anything.

Brian

Dingbat

Dingbat

Hi Brian,

Thats interesting.. i bought this in ireland..he told me it was used for Ariel Photography..if this is the case..then he must have changed the registration..when i typed the reg into G-IFO there was nothing... when i typed the irish reg there was nothing again..so that covers G-WGYR and also G-BGYR..there is still one missing!...when i typed G-BGYR..it was on a LearJet..over in america!
If Shirley is still around i will ask her if this one is down at the fiddle Cottage!
Apreciated Brian!..Did "boris" ever metion what engine he had in this gyro!

G.

LAA.PRA.BRA.........:plane:....and i am still on the ground

You won’t find any of Boris’ machines on the register (apart from possibly Everett G-BMZP from years ago), the letters he stuck on meant nothing. He did use the real Dingbat (there was only ever one) for aerial photography, but that's not the machine you have. Always take anything Boris may tell you with a large bag of salt! Only the 2 genuine Wombats are at the cottage.

Rotormouse evolved from nothing more than a slight alteration on a vaguely remembered childhood cartoon character called Motor Mouse. :)

The EH101 is called Merlin – the Mk1 is the Naval version that folds up, the Mk3 is the Air Force lift and shift version, and the Mk3A is some Scandinavian variant (I’ve only seen them in bits). Mk1’s are grey and Mk3’s are green, that’s easiest!

dingbat

dingbat

Hi shirley,
Nice to hear from you again.

Thanks for the post!....The registrations I have here.. can you throw any light on any of these machines!

G-BSID 1990 cj-001
G-CKEN 0000 cj-002
G-WBAT 1990 cj-001

I have sent letters to this boris guy about Cjs gyro's asking him for information but he did not reply to any of my letters with regards to any plans or drawings!

G.

LAA.PRA.BRA........:plane:....and i am still on the ground!

I should also like to send my regards to Boris. He was one of the first owners of Chris Julian gyros “Wombat.” I had med him here in Cyprus with his wife and flew with my tandem gyro. He was a professional aero photographer and if I remember correct Brian was living not far from Exeter and Cornwall. That was maybe 20 years ago but he must have changed address and lost contact.

dingbat

dingbat

I would assume it would be a Rotax 532/82 Gary.

Whats this cottage? Is it a museum?

the cottage is a private house i would not give out a full address as i am sure you understand..shirley picked it up right away..because i have emailed shirley and sent pics of chris julian and we spoke about chris and his gyro's..hence the cottage!

G.

LAA.PRA.BRA...........:plane:

C Julian

C Julian

I should also like to send my regards to Boris. He was one of the first owners of Chris Julian gyros “Wombat.” I had med him here in Cyprus with his wife and flew with my tandem gyro. He was a professional aero photographer and if I remember correct Brian was living not far from Exeter and Cornwall. That was maybe 20 years ago but he must have changed address and lost contact.

Hi Scandtours

I bielieve this is the gyro that boris had his hands on!..correct me if i am wrong..registred then as G-BGYR.

G.

LAA.PRA.BRA...:plane:

Attachments

• CRIM0453 - Copy.jpg
    CRIM0453 - Copy.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 0
dinbat

dinbat

Hi,
Did boris manage to buy the VPM if he did the registration would be handy!

G.