Help! Need to replace inner tube

dunc

Aircraft
AR-1C 915is, RAF/SH/SC
Total Flight Time
I need to replace an inner tube. My wheels, which I assume are "standard", have provision for the valve stem right in middle of two halves. This means the valve stem must be "clocked" a zero degrees referenced to the inner diameter of the tube. Not finding any. Any sources out there?

Desser has sent me two wrong tubes already. It is not clear about the other source but I will contact them. Thanks!

Your azusaeng vendor also does not sell these.

Well, this forum was of no use so far. :(

I don’t know..... I’ve never had trouble finding troops before. Dresser... Aircraft Spruce...Wicks.... Tractor supply... McMaster Carr.... Northern Tool..... somebody always has them.

I don’t know..... I’ve never had trouble finding troops before. Dresser... Aircraft Spruce...Wicks.... Tractor supply... McMaster Carr.... Northern Tool..... somebody always has them.
I don't doubt you, but have tried most of your list. I have bought dozens of aircraft tubes and tires in 50 years of flying, and 30 years of being an A&P on certificated and WWII aircraft. I don't know if my RAF's split rim wheels are "stock", but they require the valve stem be exactly on the inner circumference of the tube. That seems to be the hard thing to find.

I was just hoping somebody would simply reply with the brand, model number, and vendor they had bought their most recent RAF tubes from. Or even confirm whether my RAF's wheels are "stock".

Sorry I couldn't be more help Duncan. I am unfamiliar with RAF specs, but my Azusa wheels are also symmetrical split rim (matched halves) with the valve stem at the center of the inner diameter like what you are describing. I've not bought many tubes in my life but would have thought these would be easy to find. Are there any identifying markings on either the rims or the innertube you're replacing? Might help narrow your search down, but I'm sure you've thought of that already.

That's the beauty of standards... there's so many to choose from.

Ahh - standards! Sadly there are no identifying marks on the existing tubes. Do yours have any? Maybe I could call Azusa.

I just found a vendor that makes a 13x500-6 tube with verbally "guaranteed" valve stem placement on the inner circumference. I have ordered one and will reply back in the sake of full disclosure if it works. The rubber might be stretched a bit, but if it holds air.... I don't land on grass, so not too afraid of thorns.

GyroBee Ultralight gyro, eh? Looks interesting.

GyroBee Ultralight gyro, eh? Looks interesting.
The "ultralight" part went away with the 503, but yep. First gyro so trying to keep it simple. But as you're experiencing too, simplicity is often fraught with complication along the way :)

Just so this has a happy ending... Ebay tube 15x6.00-6 with tr87 valve stem. Just purchased 3 for 27.09 shipped.

Georgia - you are SO helpful.
My pleasure, Dunc. I just felt your pain at this "heartless and ignoring" Forum, when you said: "Well, this forum was of no use so far" and tried to help you. And to tell the truth, the seller is 2" taller than I said. Sorry.
P.S. I am probably just too serious and should learn how to relax a little bit.

Last edited:
Tswarehouse was the seller

The specific you need is the tr87 which is the bent 90 centered Schrader.

My pleasure, Dunc. I just felt your pain at this "heartless and ignoring" Forum, when you said: "Well, this forum was of no use so far" and tried to help you. And to tell the truth, the seller is 2" taller than I said. Sorry.
P.S. I am probably just too serious and should learn how to relax a little bit.
Geogia
Tswarehouse was the seller

The specific you need is the tr87 which is the bent 90 centered Schrader.
I could not locate "tswarehouse" on Ebay. Can you send the Ebay p/n or URL?

None of the TR87 valves i find are located on the inner diameter of the tube. My wheel halves are identical, thus 1/2 of the valve stem hole located on each inner edge. I assume your wheels are like mine?